Final Game score malfunction

by ecnewell

Original Post

Final Game score malfunction

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: NBA Live Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
Summarize your bug In the Final Game event of the NBA finals campaign (Spurs leg), the challenge score counter dropped several points (I think 5) when I scored a basket, instead of going up. The basket was an offensive rebound and tip-in after a missed three. As a result of the bug, I received a loss for the event, even though the actual game score should have earned me a win. See image attached, the game score is visible in the background.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This seems to be a rare bug, so you may need to play test for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? The score on the challenge counter goes down, and is no longer correctly tied to the game score.
What do you expect to see? The challenge counter should go up with the value of made baskets, and down with opponent's baskets.

Summarize your bug In the Final Game event of the NBA finals campaign (Spurs leg), the challenge score counter dropped several points (I think 5) when I scored a basket, instead of going up. The basket was an offensive rebound and tip-in after a missed three. As a result of the bug, I received a loss for the event, even though the actual game score should have earned me a win. See image attached, the game score is visible in the background.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This seems to be a rare bug, so you may need to play test for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? The score on the challenge counter goes down, and is no longer correctly tied to the game score.
What do you expect to see? The challenge counter should go up with the value of made baskets, and down with opponent's baskets.

Message 1 of 11 (2,728 Views)

Re: Final Game score malfunction

★ Novice

Happened to me too. Won by 5 points but the challenge counter went down by 2 points when I scored layups after offensive rebounds.

Message 2 of 11 (2,674 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me again, again on an offensive rebound tip-in.

Message 3 of 11 (2,628 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem, i went up 11 then dropped to up by 7 and the event said i lost it and it gave me a playoff moments collectible, i think thats stupid and i think i should get my ticket back to play the event again honestly 

Message 4 of 11 (2,618 Views)

Community Manager

There is an event description that will let you know how many points you have to win by or else it will result in a loss.

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 11 (2,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same exact problem. I had won by 6 points but it said I only won by 1 and gave me a collectable.
Message 6 of 11 (2,583 Views)

Finals rewards and tickets incorrectly issued or lost

★★ Newbie

Summarize your bug Today's incident I was playing the NBA finals 2019 campaign, Miami heat, "Heat - the final game". This is the event where you have the chance to earn a star pack with greater chance for higher rewards for three staring the event (see first picture attached). I completed the requirements to earn 3 stars which is win by 9 points or more (see second attached picture, score is seen along with only one star). However, by only being awarded the one star, my reward packs on yielded 2x mystery box tokens and 2x elite trophy tokens. This happened again when playing the same event but for the Lakers. I was told by an EA customer support person to close the app and restart and if that didn't work to wait 24hrs and it should be restored. This did not occur. The first finals ticket was lost when playing the "Cavaliers - final game" event. Mid way through the game the app crashed and an error screen showed up (see third attached picture). This resulted in me not being able to complete the event in profess and losing the ticket used to participate in the event. This then happened again while playing the same event but for the Lakers. This is now 2 finals event tickets gone. As for the third ticket, through playing the NBA finals blitz events for 3x gold trophies, I was awarded 2 finals tickets through the day yesterday. I used one and completed one event. After trying to use my next ticket a screen popped up saying I had insufficient funds to compete (see fourth attached picture; I took this picture now to show what was seen but earlier it showed me having 1 ticket in the bank to use not 0.) I closed and restarted the app to try and refresh it and after doing so my ticket that showed in my bank had dissapered.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unknown
What happens when the bug occurs? See above
What do you expect to see? Fixes and proper compensation for lost items and unrewarded items.

• See above
Message 7 of 11 (2,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also happened to me. After a tip in the score drops. (Was instructed here from EAHelp Twitter) Hope it will be corrected and receive compensation maybe ...?

Message 8 of 11 (2,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That information is irrelevant to the problem, ecnewell won by 5 points yet it considers the game a lost. 3 point victory is all that is required to win the game and get a star. Others have had similar problems as well, for example I won by 7 points but it only gave me a one star victory when it should have been a two star victory. (Image is attached)

Message 9 of 11 (2,492 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

For me, what happened was that I had 3 Gold 🌟 stars going towards the end of the match and all of a sudden the clock stops at 2.5 seconds. This allowed an addition of 5 to 10 seconds more clock time. It was almost like an intentional cheat for the computer opponent to score another basket and reduce a star from me.

Message 10 of 11 (2,482 Views)