Original Post

Fifa 20 - Career Mode, Manager termination issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: FIFA 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? richiewilch
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At the start of a new season (5th season, 1st in the EFL Championship as Crewe Alexandra), I renewed the contracts of 3 players, one of which was rated 76, and is an in game player. This player had high contract demands, which I met, because I wanted to keep this player. When advancing to the next day, in this case, the 2nd of July, the board informed me that my contract was terminated, as his contract was disproportional to the rest of the team. I revisited earlier autosaves, but they were all after the contract was renewed, due to the game autosaving after these negotiations. In an attempt to resolve this, I offered every player in my entire squad similar contracts. On advancing the day, this still resulted in termination, as this one player had this disproportionate contract to the rest of the squad. This was despite having 4 players now with a higher salary and bonus' than this one player. I returned back to the previous autosave, and my next effort to get around this, and to continue to play the game was to release the player in question. Advancing the day still resulted in termination, for the same reason, that this one player - now no longer with the club - would have the disproportionate contract.
What happens when the bug occurs? This is a game breaking bug from my perspective, as there doesn't seem to be any way around this, despite having a generally high manager approval rating, and having over achieved on two of the prior season objectives.
What should be happening instead? Either the board step in when renewing contracts with players that they feel would lead to a termination, or alternative actions like raising the wage average within the squad and releasing the player are taken into account

At the start of a new season (5th season, 1st in the EFL Championship as Crewe Alexandra), I renewed the contracts of 3 players, one of which was rated 76, and is an in game player. This player had high contract demands, which I met, because I wanted to keep this player. When advancing to the next day, in this case, the 2nd of July, the board informed me that my contract was terminated, as his contract was disproportional to the rest of the team.

I revisited earlier autosaves, but they were all after the contract was renewed, due to the game autosaving after these negotiations. In an attempt to resolve this, I offered every player in my entire squad similar contracts. On advancing the day, this still resulted in termination, as this one player had this disproportionate contract to the rest of the squad. This was despite having 4 players now with a higher salary and bonus' than this one player.

I returned back to the previous autosave, and my next effort to get around this, and to continue to play the game was to release the player in question. Advancing the day still resulted in termination, for the same reason, that this one player - now no longer with the club - would have the disproportionate contract.

Message 1 of 3 (488 Views)

Re: Fifa 20 - Career Mode, Manager termination issue

★★ Newbie

Hi , i have the same problem too. Is there a solution?

Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

Re: Fifa 20 - Career Mode, Manager termination issue

★★ Newbie
@ayzey10 Please if you all find any solution around this, post it to us so we can resume the manager career.. I stopped playing two months ago because of this!
Message 3 of 3 (127 Views)
Twitter Stream