Original Post

Fifa 20 - Career Mode, Manager termination issue

★★★★ Novice

Product: FIFA 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? richiewilch
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? At the start of a new season (5th season, 1st in the EFL Championship as Crewe Alexandra), I renewed the contracts of 3 players, one of which was rated 76, and is an in game player. This player had high contract demands, which I met, because I wanted to keep this player. When advancing to the next day, in this case, the 2nd of July, the board informed me that my contract was terminated, as his contract was disproportional to the rest of the team. I revisited earlier autosaves, but they were all after the contract was renewed, due to the game autosaving after these negotiations. In an attempt to resolve this, I offered every player in my entire squad similar contracts. On advancing the day, this still resulted in termination, as this one player had this disproportionate contract to the rest of the squad. This was despite having 4 players now with a higher salary and bonus' than this one player. I returned back to the previous autosave, and my next effort to get around this, and to continue to play the game was to release the player in question. Advancing the day still resulted in termination, for the same reason, that this one player - now no longer with the club - would have the disproportionate contract.
What happens when the bug occurs? This is a game breaking bug from my perspective, as there doesn't seem to be any way around this, despite having a generally high manager approval rating, and having over achieved on two of the prior season objectives.
What should be happening instead? Either the board step in when renewing contracts with players that they feel would lead to a termination, or alternative actions like raising the wage average within the squad and releasing the player are taken into account

At the start of a new season (5th season, 1st in the EFL Championship as Crewe Alexandra), I renewed the contracts of 3 players, one of which was rated 76, and is an in game player. This player had high contract demands, which I met, because I wanted to keep this player. When advancing to the next day, in this case, the 2nd of July, the board informed me that my contract was terminated, as his contract was disproportional to the rest of the team.

I revisited earlier autosaves, but they were all after the contract was renewed, due to the game autosaving after these negotiations. In an attempt to resolve this, I offered every player in my entire squad similar contracts. On advancing the day, this still resulted in termination, as this one player had this disproportionate contract to the rest of the squad. This was despite having 4 players now with a higher salary and bonus' than this one player.

I returned back to the previous autosave, and my next effort to get around this, and to continue to play the game was to release the player in question. Advancing the day still resulted in termination, for the same reason, that this one player - now no longer with the club - would have the disproportionate contract.

Message 1 of 23 (23,422 Views)

Re: Fifa 20 - Career Mode, Manager termination issue

★★★ Newbie

Hi , i have the same problem too. Is there a solution?

Message 2 of 23 (23,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ayzey10 Please if you all find any solution around this, post it to us so we can resume the manager career.. I stopped playing two months ago because of this!
Message 3 of 23 (23,003 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I never found any solution to this. Had this same thing happen to me again on a new save, but fortunately I was able to go back and undo this time, and managed to avoid it. I think that the only way to avoid this is to gradually raise up the salaries over time, but not easy if managing a team where budget is a big concern.

Message 4 of 23 (22,845 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has anyone realized why it's happening? 
Is it because of being in 2'nd - 3'rd div?

If i start a career mode with a 3'rd div team, go for youth academy and they players get to 80 overall, will i ever be able to keep the player in any way?

will the same happen if you do this in barcelona?

Is there any way at all that you can disable this?

I mean, this feature is just sad, my budget is at 30.000.000£ and i'm not allowed to give a 80 rated player 15k weekly salery, meaning that i will never bring my div 3 team to champions league or any high end league because i need to sell my players rather than giving them wages that are WELL within the budget. Game breaking, and very sad. This years career mode is so good at this point, and then we have this abomination. Just sad.

Message 5 of 23 (22,677 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I now do this.....if I get an email about a player's contract before I do anything I save right then. back out, go back in and work it.

Also, I lower signing bonuses, salaries and the "5 billion dollars after appearing in the second half"-like option the agent wants. these are always way too high, and then a manager will get sacked because he gave in on the options.

Contracts in this game IS a game-breaking issue. and getting sacked for how the other players feel because one guy got a contract that was too high....well.

Message 6 of 23 (22,654 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@jnmm I've been able to keep all my youth players as they've grown. Have to chose the lowest paid players and raise their wages over time, so that the lowest paid players are paid more. The problem is that the youth players that you don't want, that don't grow that well, are less likely to stay, because they might be better paid than they might get offered elsewhere.
Message 7 of 23 (22,644 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is not fixed at all.. doesn't matter what I do. release the player or don't renew his contract. the board gets pissy and terminates the contract with me. I even have 96 manager rating. the game is just not finished or working at all.. used close to 5 hours on the first season playing everything and taking care of every players needs. but this one dude just gets me fired no matter what.

Message 8 of 23 (22,555 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@SygKo You got sacked for releasing too many youth players?
Message 9 of 23 (22,536 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it really doesn't matter if I sack youth or senior players. I got around it tho at last thanks to the comment above me. the issue is having too low a wage and too high a wage between two indiviuals. so if my youth player gets 400 £ wage  even tho he is 45 ovr. the board does not like that my 82 ovr gets 9k £ wage

Message 10 of 23 (22,494 Views)