Original Post

Re: Fifa 19 Career mode Transfer talks broken down

★★ Novice

yep I'll go along with that too.

Message 21 of 35 (4,781 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@hoyes02

The trouble is, that, of course, it may happen. A player playing for a big club, who is OVR 62, where the reserves min is 74 is normally more likely to want to get the playtime in order to sharpen his skills, but of course, he might decide to stay at the club and just focus on training. It MIGHT happen. But right now in Career Mode it just ALWAYS happens. You cannot loan or even sell the player - trust me - it is a bug.

You want confirmation? Place such player on a transfer list while he is earning 500€ a week (the lowest possible salary) - the clubs will come asking for him. Try to negotiate and if they offer, let's say 200 000€, reply to that with little bit lower amount, in.e. 190 000€ - for me 100% - every time they will leave the negotiations as if they were offended. Tried many variations of this including the % of a future transfer - always the same outcome. I tried also loaning a player while covering his whole salary - win-win situation for the club getting the player - they still claim that they could not agree on personal terms.

Don't get me started on when you are actually playing a smaller club with some crappy players - the only way to get rid of them right now is to release them - but there is a limit of how many players you can release in one season.

Message 22 of 35 (4,538 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@NiecnyTomasz

Based on your answer, obviously you didn't get the point. The point is NOT THE WAGE, the point is WHERE THE PLAYER WILL GO.

Say, a Liverpool player who is listed on loan/ transfer, may reject the offer from obscure clubs.e.g. from MLS, English First Division, Swedish Division, Danish Division, Chile Division, regardless of how high the wage is. However, if the player receives an offer from a more famous club, eg Dutch League Vitesse, AZ, Belgian League Genk, Brugge, the player will be more willing to move.

The above is not a must-occurred situation. Under some occasions, a player who receives offer from an obscure club, may also willing to move, but that's up to the player.

That's what I've experienced, and I think that's nothing wrong with that, given that the same may also happen in the real world.

Message 23 of 35 (4,517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@hoyes02

Can't give you an example right now, I will try to check it when I get home, perhaps I can still find it in the transfers history. but I already experienced the issue when one of those players (with "Showing Great Potential" treat) was approached by Arsenal, while I was managing Brighton. Can you guess the outcome? Yup, transfer talks broken down.

I understand your point, and I am saying that this might happen, but the chance for this should be around 50%. If you insist, than maybe 70%. Not 100% just like the OP describes.

Meanwhile, all the people gathered here are convinced that this is a bug, due to two facts:

1) this issue happened in FIFA 18, however, in that game, you could still manage to bypass this by screwing a bit with the wages and the transfer fee (for instance adding 10 000€);

2) none EA employee visited this topic, ergo if you do not know how to fix the issue, better ignore it - unfortunately - better focus your efforts on FUT.

Message 24 of 35 (4,508 Views)

★★ Novice

if you accept the loan, inmediatly remove that player from loan list, and then add him to transfer list, wait until the team waiting to loan agrees with him, it has worked every time

Message 25 of 35 (4,269 Views)

★★ Novice

And EA s' quite about this issue just continue..i v sick of it..i release every pleyer under 70 ovr and i m done!(when allowe me off course)

Message 26 of 35 (4,236 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this problem on my career mode on PC

I send my scout out to look for youth

Then when he comes back i see some good ones and accept them in and promote them to my main team if good enough.

Over time my main team gets full with youth players and i have to let the ones go that are not good enough in the end.

But because they all have talks breaking down i can only delete 2 of them each season and sometimes get lucky 1 gets sold.

But overall players with 500 salary and overall of 55-65 that i want to let go always get talks broken down

I mean how is it breaking down when the guy is 16-18 and only has a salary of 500 something is not right there

Meanwhile my scout comes back with new youth players that i can only accept to my youth team but not promote to the main team because its always full

with players i cant get rid off

Would be nice if it could be fixed its really annoying 

Message 27 of 35 (4,036 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Can this be addressed by EA, it’s an incredibly annoying bug and EA does not care at all about this mode clearly.

Message 28 of 35 (3,953 Views)

★ Novice

Context for my career mode: Plymouth Argyle, Year 2, promoted from EFL 1 to Championship. 

I kept trying to sell/loan younger or lower ranked players to make room for better players but talks always broke down. That didn't happen in season 1. I must have reset 10 times but same thing, 100% of the time. Even for a 70 ranked player who had a release clause of $3.5 million the interested team paid, no dice. 

So I went an alternate route and started filling up my roster with better talent first. I used a financial takeover to increase my transfer budget. Once I filled my roster in spots where the players I was trying to get rid of were #1 or #2 on the depth chart, the transfers started to go through. Within a day or two in-game, I was able to loan or sell 5 or 6 players without issue.

I am assuming this isn't a bug and it is part of the player negotiation we don't see. This is why it's harder for smaller clubs (maybe playing in the English leagues also has an effect on this) to rid themselves of players because the players at least know they'll get ample playing time if there's not a clear cut replacement. Just a thought. It definitely worked for me and saved my career mode. 

Message 29 of 35 (3,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It makes no sense as the players I am trying to sell are currently on £440 a week so there’s no reason why another club couldn’t afford the wages. Also it’s one of the objectives for two seasons to make profit on youth players, which is impossible when they won’t sell. Sort it out EA! You have already ruined FUT don’t screw us on the career mode aswell for * sake! 

Message 30 of 35 (3,568 Views)