Original Post

Fifa 18 - Player Career - Starting Lineup Selection Bug

★ Novice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Browncoat312
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - player
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upon transfer, and in my instance with the existing starter club, my player is never selected in the lineup despite being one of the better players on the team.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every match day I only have the option to SIM MATCH, I'm never selected in the lineup.
What should be happening instead? Should be getting selected in the starting lineup and being able to play the matches given the calibre of the respective teams.

In player career mode I started with Monaco, they wouldn't play me at first so I went out on loan to Stade Brestois. Upon return Monaco still wouldn't play me despite being one of the top players in the club (84 or something). Tried to transfer and I get the bug still with many of the clubs, definitely not based on skill level as I can sign with Southampton and get no game time but if I sign with Paris I'm immediately played.

Message 1 of 3 (1,695 Views)

Re: Fifa 18 - Player Career - Starting Lineup Selection Bug

★★★ Newbie
Did you ever get back into the starting line up? I started my career at Arsenal, but when I transferred to Madrid I couldn't get a game despite being rated 89. I was able to get a loan and got plenty of playing time at Lazio, but only for half a season. I am really thinking of retiring and going to manager mode.
Message 2 of 3 (1,370 Views)

Re: Fifa 18 - Player Career - Starting Lineup Selection Bug

★★ Novice
I’ve had a similar problem, I created my own player started of at my team Aston Villa got to play a few games then joined Man City, I did quite well there and got called upto the England squad. I get called up every time for 3 seasons now but I’ve never been named in the starting 11 seems strange as I’m OVR 93 now.
Message 3 of 3 (1,222 Views)