Re: Festivals not spawning in other districts

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Festivals not spawning in other districts

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a festival in San Myshuno that's outside your home district (if you live in Spice District, try to go to Romance Festival or GeekCon)
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim travels to the proper location, but there is no festival -- just a couple of lonely little food stalls.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see festival items -- for Romance Festival the tea tables, more booths, etc.; with GeekCon computers, telescope, rockets, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. At least since most recent (StrangerVille) patch; possibly before since I haven't played in San Myshuno for a while.

Haven't checked yet to see if Humor & Hijinx festival in Arts District is affected or if it's just a Fashion Disrict glitch. Flea Market and Spice Festival are unaffected but that might be because my Sim lives in the Spice District; I'll play a Sim that lives in another district to see if they have issues with Flea Market/Spice Festival, also a Sim that lives outside the city. 

Message 1 of 12 (3,247 Views)

Champion
They all work fine for me. You sure you are going at the right time/day?
Message 2 of 12 (3,236 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm going shortly after getting the pop-up alert. With Romance Festival I was about 2 hours late going (because my Sim was still at work) but for GeekCon it was about 20 minutes after the pupup -- in both cases the apartment bulletin board and the street signs were still showing festival information, but no festival. 

UPDATE: I made a copy of my save, switched to my Strangerville family, and sent one of them into San Myshuno for Geekcon, and still no festival. 

Message 3 of 12 (3,231 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @justme22 

Did you remove your mods before or after you traveled to where the festival should be?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 12 (3,219 Views)

Hero
There was one other report similar to this but they were also using mods. Can you duplicate it on a fresh save that never saw any mods at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (3,171 Views)

Hero

Hi @justme22 

have you been able to test this on e fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (3,148 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too. I’ll get a text from someone saying they want me to come to a festival and I travel but when I get onto the lot there’s nothing there just the regular food stalls Frown

I’m really sad because I bought in the city so my sims could go to festivals and now they don’t work.

Message 7 of 12 (3,030 Views)

Hero
@popsicles1309 Did you edit any lots in the neighborhood where the festival is supposed to take place as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CL-Festivals-not-spawning-after-editing-lot/td-p/8... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (2,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Only the restaurant in the spice district 

Message 9 of 12 (2,974 Views)

Hero
@popsicles1309 Is that where the festival is supposed to take place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (2,968 Views)