Fences disappearing when gate passes through

by weepotatoface

Original Post

Re: Fences around platform turn invisible and parts vanish

★★ Pro
@bwetzler I've had this happen in one of my builds, and somehow putting a gate where the fence is glitching and then using the sledgehammer to get rid of the gate restores the fence. It's weird, but, y'know, Sims!
Message 21 of 51 (1,165 Views)

Re: Fence Disappears When Trying to Place Matching Gate

★ Guide

Guess what problem is back.

Message 22 of 51 (1,032 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have a similar issue but the gates flies off into the sky: Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 9.54.41 pm.png

Message 23 of 51 (1,090 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fences disappear when hovering with gate

★★ Pro
@ktbrennan484 Had that happen to me before.

I just deleted the section of fence where I wanted gate, used MOO to very carefully place gate where I wanted and then replaced fence as needed.

Not the most convenient workaround, but at least it looks like I wanted it to now.
Message 24 of 51 (1,079 Views)

Re: Fences around platform turn invisible and parts vanish

★ Apprentice

My problem is similar to this, but not quite the same. If the fenced areas is inside and I’m attempting to place a gate (like for a retail lot), the gate places with no issue. If I am outside and try placing the gate, the gate doesn’t seem to recognize what floor it’s on. I’ll be on the ground floor and the gate is jumping up in the air when I try to place it. I’m not sure what’s happening with it, but this only just recently started. I had a problem with it in a previous build session, but the glitch seemed to fix itself and this is the second occurrence. My workaround was drawing a room around the space I wanted the fence, placing my gate while it was “inside,” and then I deleted the walls and ceilings. 

Message 25 of 51 (1,016 Views)

sims 4 fence pieces missing

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure I downloaded the newest update 7/21/2021
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? after the newest update and cottage living this was noticed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? make the fences not disappear
What happens when the bug occurs? When I am building a fence pieces of the fence disappear. I haven't tested it on walls. I noticed this after the last update and in cottage living. I did not place the new update before downloading the cottage living expansion so i am not sure if it is due to cottage living exclusively.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a full fence when it is built. i.e not missing bits in it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I am building a fence pieces of the fence disappear. I haven't tested it on walls. I noticed this after the last update and in cottage living. I did not place the new update before downloading the cottage living expansion so i am not sure if it is due to cottage living exclusively.

Message 26 of 51 (1,129 Views)

Re: sims 4 fence pieces missing

★★ Guide

Did you place gates to the fences?

Cause I get this when I place a gate at any fence and move the gate arround, whereever the gate touched the fence the fence turns invisible (in build and live mode), luckily it turnes visible again when reloading the game.

So apperantly this bug has returned...

Message 27 of 51 (1,098 Views)

Re: sims 4 fence pieces missing

★★★★★ Apprentice

I got the same bug and for some reason I can't place fences on walls when this bug occurs, says "Can't place on gate" when I try.

Message 28 of 51 (1,085 Views)

Fences disappearing when gate passes through

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, seasons Outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, tiny living, vintage glamour strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enter build mode, place a fence, move a gate through the fence, fence will disappear
What happens when the bug occurs? fence disappears and is unable to be redrawn until a gate is placed over missing fence
What do you expect to see? the fence should not disappear when the gate moves through it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the recent major patch

Moving a gate through a fence erases that area of the fence and makes it into a fence end-post. Redrawing the fence does not help.

Placing the gate along the fence where the fence is missing causes the missing area to be visible again.

Message 29 of 51 (1,036 Views)

Re: Fences disappearing when gate passes through

★★ Guide
@weepotatoface I had this issue too. But after closing game and opening it again everything looked normal. However just leaving to manage the world and go back to the lot wasn't enough.
Message 30 of 51 (1,008 Views)