Re: Fences Blocking Basement Stairs in Build Mode

by CGrant56

Original Post

Fences Blocking Basement Stairs in Build Mode

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have quite a few. I have High School Years, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Werewolves, Journey to Batuu, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Perfect Patio, Holiday Celebration Pack, and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This needs an open space in a basement. Make a multi-story basement and remove the floor on the higher levels. Then build a platform with
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens, except that the game won't let the stairs be placed.
What do you expect to see? I expect the stairs to be able to be in place with the platform as described below.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm trying to build a platform in an open basement. For this basement to be open, I have removed the floor except for at some key points, so that the underground walls look more natural. However, while the stairs aren't normally blocked by fences at their bases on any of the other floors, the basement does not seem to want me to place down the stairs just in front of a fence. The fence needs to be there, since it prevents the platform from losing its room capabilities. If there was a way for the stairs to be integrated with the platform at the point where they meet (regardless of whether or not a fence is in the way, that would be great.

If I remember correctly, I did play it without any mods and this still came up. However, it has been a while, so I am unsure if I am correct on this.

Message 1 of 2 (750 Views)

Re: Fences Blocking Basement Stairs in Build Mode

Hero

@Tekinar_Borg 

From your pic, it looks like you are building the stairs from the bottom up instead of from the top down.  The stairs will take out a fence at the upper end for the landing, but won't do that at the lower landing.  I think it has always been this way.  The bottom landing can't anything blocking it for the stair to place.  It has to have that tile free.  The order in which you do things does matter at times and this is one of them. 

Although, it is hard to see exactly what is going on here due to the lighting and no floor tiles.  I also see another stair under the red one.  It would also be helpful to a couple of more views and have a shot directly overhead from the floor above.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2 (701 Views)