Re: Feminine Frame Clothing Looks Bad On Masculine Frame Sims

by Francoisf30

Original Post

Feminine Frame Clothing Looks Bad On Masculine Frame Sims

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Apply feminine frame clothing to a masculine frame sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Feminine frame clothing retains the built-in breast tissue on masculine frame sims, distorting the shape of their torso. Some pieces generally do not work well on the sides.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see clothing morph properly to the masculine frame, the way it (mostly) does when masculine clothing is used on the feminine frame.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I see people posting bug reports for the opposite issue, masculine frame items looking bad on feminine frame sims.

So why not shoot my shot- this is and has been an issue since the gender update. I have to assume it's a bug, because...I mean...the devs did an entire update to let you use clothing on either frame. Surely they'd design it to look good on either frame, then? Surely they aren't releasing hundreds of pieces that simply don't work correctly, right?

https://imgur.com/a/bIxb781

Message 1 of 6 (970 Views)

Hero
@InternWaffle Looks like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Incorrect-outfit-versions-for-differently-framed/t... ?

Can you confirm that's the same you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (898 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, that is a different issue. That is a case where a masc version and fem version both exist, but the team simply re-used one version for the other, on purpose.

My issue is an apparent accidental failure to ensure that feminine frame clothing, in general, as a whole, is modeled and textured in a way that makes it viable for masculine frame sims without changing their body shape or giving the appearance of breasts.

They are similar issues stemming from the same source but they are distinct in that in that case, each version is SUPPOSED to exist specifically for that frame, and doesn't. In this case, the content is intentionally separated, but does not work well with the updated gender systems.

Message 3 of 6 (887 Views)

Hero
@InternWaffle OK. There's too many similar frame issues :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (833 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nah, I get it, seeing those posted is what inspired me to post this one as a bug.

I'm not 100% certain it's a bug. It's more likely it's not than anything. But it is definitely an issue. Just trying to get more attention to it. Frown

Message 5 of 6 (805 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I agree, one exemple of this issue, is from the recent kit Echeon, where the sweat pants, on both fem/masc catalogue looks weird on both frames. Im not sure why but it seems it was intended to make them look ''ok'' on both frame, for the regular (not muscular/nor fat) sims. The problem on masculin frame comes when you start putting weight on your sims, where the croutch area start expending crazy, view from the side, it looks like the belly just join the knees, instead of a normal rounded belly. Also for some other pants in our catalogue form many other packs, when you look from the front view, you can see the legs concave/arc, letting a big gap between legs, and the hamstring as well are expended like the quadriceps... This is weird and make our big masculin sims looked like they have deformed hams.

Now on fem frame, easy, even on a slim woman, the pant dont sit well on her weist, the usual weird fit on the weist, kind of pulling up and not down. I think the croutch looks  good though, but again, it almost look like they intentionally make those changes to fit both frame, but not really in the end.

I wish they eventually respond to these complains, by being transparant saying what they intended and how they will fix it, because its not acceptable.

If it really is what I think, I would suggest them to create two separate pieces, that are the same model, but fiting two diffetent body type without having to make it a single one pair of pants that can fit both... anyone is lost lol Basically two pair of pants, same style, but for two different body frames, cause we can tell when it is not!

Message 6 of 6 (653 Views)