by Ajerin007

Original Post

Female Npcs Appearing Only In Base Game Underwear

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT: Cottage Living, Star Wars, Spooky Stuff, Paranormal Stuff, Backyard Stuff and My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? Since this past Friday or Saturday (Jan. 21/22, 2022), female NPC Sims (even ones I've played that are now parked as unplayed) are randomly only wearing the base game underwear. This even happens with Sims that I "shift + click" to modify in CAS only (never playing as them). I have never, ever installed any Custom Content nor any modifications. Once these Sims are in their underwear, they stay that way, no matter what lot they appear on or what the weather is. The only way I can change it is by having my Sim introduce herself so that I can "shift + click" them and use the "Toddler Care" option to choose an outfit. I have at least 5-6 sims in the game, running around in drawers, from the past three days. So far, this has happened in Britechester and Sulani.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see Sims in their clothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

no photos

Edit By Crinrict: Removed all-caps from title 

Message 1 of 16 (2,354 Views)

Re: Female Npcs Appearing Only In Base Game Underwear

Hero
@Ajerin007 When you take them to CAS are they in underwear also ? Have you checked if maybe a pack is not properly installed anymore ? Are you missing any content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (2,329 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

HI, CIN!

No, when I take them into CAS, they are fully dressed. They are either in clothes I've previously put the in the first time it happened or they are in the clothes that the game generated if I'd never touched them before.

Yes, all my packs are properly installed and no, I am not missing any content. Everything else is just fine.

I purchased Cottage Living a few days ago during the sale and it's happening to those NPCs, too. I can come back into the game and Sarah, the bar owner, was no longer in her work clothes, she was in her underwear.  The first time I saw Agnes Crumplebottom, she was in her underwear. This past weekend, a few other NPCs showed up to the bar in Henford lot in their underwear and immediately started freezing the death. One after another, they started dying in an endless cycle because my Sim couldn't leave the lot during a death. After about the 4th one, I had to force-close the game and come back. I did start getting screenshots since I first reported this. I'll attach them. So far it's happened in Britechester, Henford

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate you!

Message 3 of 16 (2,251 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

CRIN* I'm so sorry! I misread your name.

Message 4 of 16 (2,248 Views)

Hero
@Ajerin007 Was it the workout fit for everyone or did you see Sims in their everyday/outer wear outfit in underwear ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (2,224 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure about workout clothes. For Sara it was her work clothes, the mixology outfit since she owns the bar. But it's mostly every day outfits (like Agnes and Agatha's) and then the cold weather for the day everyone froze to death. I JUST opened the bar and this is what I came into: an unknown NPC and Sara Scott again (working her bar) in just their underwear. Screenshot is attached.

Message 6 of 16 (2,181 Views)

Hero
@Ajerin007 It must be some outfit that's not showing in CAS though or they wouldn't be fully dressed in CAS and not in the game.

Could you take them to CAS and check their work outfit: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (2,151 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's happening with all the outfits. I was playing my own Sim in her every day outfit. I swapped households for a minute and as soon as it loaded, my Sim, who was on the same lot, was in her underwear. It's really weird but it's happening a lot more frequently now. 

Message 8 of 16 (2,086 Views)

Hero
@Ajerin007 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (2,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same here!

I came back playing sims again after hiatus (loft kit and farm expansion were new when I last played). I am out with my sim on Spice festival in San Myshuno (or at least it's called that in Finnish sims) and female sims randomly change into underwear (I think that's what it is, I'm not quite sure if it is just random clothes pieces or a specific outfit). There's two in the picture I attached. I haven't noticed this anywhere else yet. There is no clothes change animation, it just happens. The celebrity's clothes changed in the middle of me talking to her. They all seem to keep their shoes but everything else changes.

This is a dangerous bug in the middle of the winter ._________.

Version 1.86.166.1030

I only own a couple of kits, and no Journey to Batuu, but everything else I own.

Message 10 of 16 (1,955 Views)