Female CAF wearing all black top/sports bra during official UFC fights in career

by Sn0wyChloe

Original Post

Re: Female CAF wearing all black top/sports bra during official UFC fights in ca

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Okay, okay. So after 45 minutes of frenzied fights, much to the annoyance of my wife, I think, just think, that I may have found a workaround.

STEPS

1: Create new female CAF fighter. Select style, change name and city of origin but do not change ANYTHING from an appearance standpoint. Use ONLY the default female appearance configuration.

2:Go through the initial, impossible amateur bout.

3: Start in the UFC

4: Fight your first UFC bout

5: Edit any appearance settings at this point

6: Save appearance settings, play and slay

Results below in picture, first UFC fight after following the steps above.

@Sn0wyChloe try these steps and see if they resolve your problem. It’s a bit hacky and obnoxious, but give it a whirl anyway. What I outlined above worked for me through 5 fights and even a shorts style change. The only outlier is the name, social media handle and origin change at creation. I didn’t have time to test those particular variable changes this morning.

Now, I’ll need a bit more time to figure out if this is foolproof, as you begin unranked and it’s a while before you get a chance to fight a ranked fighter. There may be other bugs and didn’t have time to do a Amateur>WFA>UFC progression, so I do NOT know if starting straight in the UFC causes the never getting a ranked fight bug that others have report in Reddit is going to rear it’s head, along with some others reporting that this also happens if you take the Contender Series path.

Additionally, in the randomly generated unranked fighters, you have opponents appearing as if their vanity override settings are on (fighting in rash guards, mismatched tops and bottoms [white top with black shorts, etc). Not sure if this is expected behavior or not. I suppose I’ll have to get my fighter a ranked fight with a real world opponent before I can really report that.

@EA_Blueberry So there ya go. We did post-release testing. It appears that the missing top texture glitch is most likely tied to when you change anything appearance related during the actual creation process and if you could let the dev team know that’s where they should start looking, that would be appreciated from all of us that are frustrated with this glitch.

Best I can tell from a layman’s perspective, the game has to have a default appearance female CAF in a save file to save and map the appearance edit variables to. Almost like when you edit your fighter initially before the career is saved, the game cannot find the reference point for where the textures are supposed to go. I.e., if you change something at creation, the game is trying to attach the texture to an empty target, or at least is looking for the wrong one.

NOW. One more thing I didn’t check was body shape. However, I have a previous female CAF with the same body shape as the one that worked that experienced the glitch when I edited the fighter at creation, so I’m thinking that following the “An experiment is only valid if repeatable” mindset, that the body shape doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with it.

Message 51 of 61 (4,229 Views)

Re: Female CAF wearing all black top/sports bra during official UFC fights in ca

★★★★★ Novice

Alright folks. Likely my last reply on this matter because I ran what I’m basically gonna say is my final test for the workaround. The WFA route works,  but I did not test the DWCS because I’ve heard that causes it’s own glitches with not being able to get matched with ranked fighters. These steps worked for me.

1. Create female CAF fighter. In my test I edited:

A) Gender to “Female”

B) First and last name

C) Social Media Handle

D) City of Origin

E) Fighter Style

2. I left appearance settings completely default.

3. Went through the initial “impossible” fight.

4. Began in WFA.

5. Fought about 10 fights, getting myself up to the 6th ranked Strawweight.

6. Moved up to UFC from the “You’re either going to the UFC or you’re not” prompt after a contract cycle runs out from Coach Davis

7. Edited appearance settings for my badass Norwegian knockout machine at this point.

8. Did a fist pump into the air when the top displayed correctly.

We shouldn’t have to rely on janky workarounds, though.

EA. Something in game is broken. You’re running the risk of disenfranchising some of your female (and males who like myself get bored of playing as male fighters sometimes) fans. Please fix it.

May or may not report on what is really the final variable: When your shorts change to gold print for your name after you win a belt. Given that I’ve basically narrowed down the goofiness to appearance changes at creation, I’m sure it will work out “fine”.

Message 52 of 61 (21,057 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Sn0wyChloe I have the same issue and its annoying AF
Message 53 of 61 (4,109 Views)

★★ Novice
@SlavMick This is worked for me. Thank you man!
Message 54 of 61 (4,062 Views)

Community Manager

@SlavMick wrote:

Alright folks. Likely my last reply on this matter because I ran what I’m basically gonna say is my final test for the workaround. The WFA route works,  but I did not test the DWCS because I’ve heard that causes it’s own glitches with not being able to get matched with ranked fighters. These steps worked for me.

1. Create female CAF fighter. In my test I edited:

A) Gender to “Female”

B) First and last name

C) Social Media Handle

D) City of Origin

E) Fighter Style

2. I left appearance settings completely default.

3. Went through the initial “impossible” fight.

4. Began in WFA.

5. Fought about 10 fights, getting myself up to the 6th ranked Strawweight.

6. Moved up to UFC from the “You’re either going to the UFC or you’re not” prompt after a contract cycle runs out from Coach Davis

7. Edited appearance settings for my badass Norwegian knockout machine at this point.

8. Did a fist pump into the air when the top displayed correctly.

We shouldn’t have to rely on janky workarounds, though.

EA. Something in game is broken. You’re running the risk of disenfranchising some of your female (and males who like myself get bored of playing as male fighters sometimes) fans. Please fix it.

May or may not report on what is really the final variable: When your shorts change to gold print for your name after you win a belt. Given that I’ve basically narrowed down the goofiness to appearance changes at creation, I’m sure it will work out “fine”.

@SlavMick 

I marked your post solved so it garnishes some higher visibility when players are searching for a workaround on this. Last I checked the team has this tracked but I have no official date on when it is scheduled for a fix. In the event we find out any updates we'll share them with you here right away. 

Thank you for doing a deep dive to help players out in the community. 

Blueberry.png
Message 55 of 61 (4,036 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Going off what @SlavMick discovered. I played with it myself. I recreated one of my female fighters from scratch, altering the appearance exactly the same EXCEPT changing the top. When I altered everything but the top. The Venom top showed up during UFC fights. I've tested this with two characters and it worked both times. If you simply change the top back to the default on an existing character, it will not work. You'll need to remake your characters from scratch. After that you can import them to career.

I've yet to have tested with WFA and DWCS, I'm doing that now, but going straight to UFC it works. This will save some time and headaches.

TLDR make a character, alter anything BUT the top. Leave it basic black. Import to career. Go straight to UFC. Profit.

Message 56 of 61 (3,926 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can confirm it works with WFA.

Message 57 of 61 (3,920 Views)

Community Manager

@okingrishnakhin wrote:

Going off what @SlavMick discovered. I played with it myself. I recreated one of my female fighters from scratch, altering the appearance exactly the same EXCEPT changing the top. When I altered everything but the top. The Venom top showed up during UFC fights. I've tested this with two characters and it worked both times. If you simply change the top back to the default on an existing character, it will not work. You'll need to remake your characters from scratch. After that you can import them to career.

I've yet to have tested with WFA and DWCS, I'm doing that now, but going straight to UFC it works. This will save some time and headaches.

TLDR make a character, alter anything BUT the top. Leave it basic black. Import to career. Go straight to UFC. Profit.

Thank you for sharing this!!!

Blueberry.png
Message 58 of 61 (3,903 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Tried Mick's method and it actually works. Now we can play female CaF's again. However, contrary to what okingrishnakhin writes, if I change other stuff the top still doesn't show up.

The textureless top still shows up on your sparring partner when you do wrestling tasks (the third option).

Message 59 of 61 (3,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is still persisting in my game, just downloaded on PS4. Any word on a fix? It means we can’t wear any of the venom UFC gear, massively damaging the immersion of the game mode.

Message 60 of 61 (2,516 Views)