Father now a romantic interest

by TheIrishRose_94

Original Post

Father now a romantic interest

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.assets.beta-gp07.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moshiro.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Flirt with an adult sim near a toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim completing the action will flirt with child/toddler.
What do you expect to see? The sim should flirt with the adult sim I clicked on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim hit on his toddler aged daughter when I was attempting to get him to flirt with his coworker. The toddler wasn’t even around! He waited and she came down the stairs before completing the action.

I didn’t have any mods in and the only mods I’ve used were taken out before the 11/25 update (I never reinstalled them).

Message 1 of 9 (715 Views)

Re: Father now a romantic interest

Hero
@TheIrishRose_94 Can you reproduce this every time and did the toddler get a romance bar ?

Which flirt interaction did you choose ?

Also the game version you put is for an EP you have. Could you put the base game version: Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (679 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @TheIrishRose_94 , thanks a lot for reporting this!

We are going to look into what caused it - would it be possible for you to share the save game in which this happened with us to help us investigate? We have a guide on how you can do that here.

Knowing what interaction you asked your Sims to perform and what game version you have would be very useful as well - I see crinrict already asked for that (thanks!). Standard smile

Thanks again for your report!

-Mai

Message 3 of 9 (637 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Mai it sometimes happens when a mother dies or a Divorce is created when two parents split the mother tends to keep the family ties even though the child/toddler remains with the other parent.
Message 4 of 9 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The mother didn't die though. The father was trying to flirt with an adult woman and the action transferred to the toddler for some reason. 

@EA_Mai I don't know which version I used. I have 4 versions for this save file apparently. I think it was Slot_00000010.save

(Post merged by CM)

Message 5 of 9 (557 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks both for the info @Sid1701d9 @TheIrishRose_94  Standard smile

@TheIrishRose_94 that's ok, would you mind sharing with us the 4 versions? I'll take note that Slot_0000010 is where you think it happened.

Message 6 of 9 (494 Views)

★★★ Guide

There is a glitch I've found in some saves where a sim I tell to interact with another sim will go to the wrong sim and run the interaction, but the interaction do seem to register with the correct sim, even if it doesn't look like it. I just cannot figure out how to reproduce it. From what I can tell it is purely visual, as in the sim model is routed to the wrong coordinates, but logically the game appears to think they're in the right spot.

Message 7 of 9 (474 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@TheSteelRodent The save system is easy to figure out, slot_000010.save is the current save anything with .vernumber is a backup. Most recent backup listed first.
Message 8 of 9 (447 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Mai I don’t know how to share it the way you linked.
Message 9 of 9 (422 Views)