Re: Father Winter Not Appearing on Winterfest

by EA_Leeloo

Original Post

Father Winter Not Appearing on Winterfest

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Engage in Winterfest activities and wait for Father Winter.
What happens when the bug occurs? Father Winter never appears resulting in that portion of the event remaining unchecked. I have tried multiple iterations with this single family and in each one Father Winter never appears. There are numerous fireplaces throughout the house, if that matters.
What do you expect to see? I expect for Father Winter to show up and engage with the Sims in the household, as has happened in every other iteration of the Sims (4) that I have played.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No Father Winter thumbnail.png 

No Father Winter

Message 1 of 5 (2,817 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@sandfang That's a known bug which also can cause massive lag and save bloating. Disable the Father Winter tradition until a fix is found.
Message 2 of 5 (2,810 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah, just started happening for me with the latest patch. Thought it was because my sims didn't have a fireplace. But even after I got one not showing up.

Message 3 of 5 (2,690 Views)

Hero
All info in this here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (2,687 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @sandfang @fudge7eleven @alanmichael1,

As this topic is discussed in the thread that @crinrict linked, I'm locking this one. That way, it's easier to keep track of this issue. Standard smile 

- Leeloo 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (2,615 Views)