Re: Family tree bug

by twmuse

Original Post

Family tree bug

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, play around with generations.
What happens when the bug occurs? Family tree looks weird
What do you expect to see? Normal lines in the family tree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Happens with new saves also.

Message 1 of 9 (875 Views)

★ Pro

Having the exact same issue on a mac.

Message 2 of 9 (838 Views)

★ Pro

Oddly it seems to only happen on the trees if a parent has siblings like my families Mother. The Daughters and Fathers ones look normal for me.

Message 3 of 9 (813 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @SisterGloomy and @twmuse 

The report raised looks similar to existing threads we have, please have a look and let me know if it isn't and if it is please click "Me too" on these existing threads.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Broken-family-tree/td-p/9740934
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Family-Tree-and-quot-Step-quot-relationships-broken/td-p/97539...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 9 (788 Views)

★ Pro
@SimGuruRitzy Yes seems like a much larger issue going on, but I have only seen the tree messed up, not the other issues, yet.
Maybe these all should be merged since it does all seem related.
Message 5 of 9 (779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @SimGuruRitzy

Any chance the gurus can let us know if they are looking into this and if there will be a fix that can retrospectively fix our family trees please? I'm still having this issue and so are others.

Message 6 of 9 (673 Views)

EA Staff

Hello All,

@Nancy9 

The team is actively investigating issues with the Family tree.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 9 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

We noticed this with same sex families too, or sims who died and were revived (they don't show up). It goes deeper than just the family tree, it affects the sim profile as well, CAS, and gameplay.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Can-t-set-two-mothers-fathers-as-parents-in-CAS/m-p/10453434

Message 8 of 9 (612 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for replying. Great to know it is being looked into Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (593 Views)