Family not showing up

by RobloxianPLAYS

Original Post

Family not showing up

★★ Novice

when i go to play the household I cannot seem to get it to play as the household I am note even getting the preview of the household. I have tried restarting the save, restarting the game, I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 6 (2,896 Views)

Re: Family not showing up

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too! I seriously don't know what to do. If I fix I'll let you know!! Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (2,857 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

If you have custom content, try taking the whole folder out. Start a new game make your sim then go into a world and see what happens.

Message 3 of 6 (2,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. When I go in to the game, everything is fine. It loads up as normal, however when I click on a family, it does not load a clip. I did recently add a mod, so I assumed this was the issue. I removed every single mod, repaired the game and tried fresh. Nothing. It still will not show the family and when I click the home, it zoomed in to the house and then freezes. My only option is to go back to the main screen. I can create a family from the main screen but I am unable to play them from that point forward. While the house will load, there is no icon, no menus. You can only pause or fast forward the game. It looks very much like the image in the missing GUI thread. I am very frustrated with the situation, simply because nothing like this has happened since the update. If this is what the updates cause, they should be optional like 3. I would MUCH rather play an outdated version, because at least I would be able to play. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,833 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (2,822 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm trying this right now!

Message 6 of 6 (2,804 Views)