Family leave and daycare not working

by faeriemama

Original Post

Family leave and daycare not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have noticed two issues playing Sims 4 after the most recent updates: 1) My Sims' family leave did not start automatically and their boss calls them angry that they didn't show up (Well no dip sherlock, I have no intention of going to work immediately after I have a baby in real life either and as a benevolent Sim controller, I don't intend to make my Sims go to work immediately after having a baby either lol) 2) When my Sims did return to work on the one day of the week they both work on the same day, there was no automatic option for either daycare or hiring a nanny service.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim have a baby and then go to work with no other adults home.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims lose work performance when they "miss work" after not having a baby, and the baby's needs decay and risk a social worker taking the baby away if both parents are away.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the game go back to normal and have my sims on automatic leave and have the option pop up to send my babies/toddlers to daycare.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started occurring within the last 1-2 updates.

I have noticed two issues playing Sims 4 after the most recent updates:
1) My Sims' family leave did not start automatically and their boss calls them angry that they didn't show up (Well no dip sherlock, I have no intention of going to work immediately after I have a baby in real life either and as a benevolent Sim controller, I don't intend to make my Sims go to work immediately after having a baby either lol)
2) When my Sims did return to work on the one day of the week they both work on the same day, there was no automatic option for either daycare or hiring a nanny service.

Message 1 of 3 (1,637 Views)

Re: Family leave and daycare not working

★★★★ Pro

I've had the issue with no automatic daycare or nanny pop up, here's the bug report for that. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Newborn-Toddler-automatically-sent-to-Daycare-is-not-working/t...

Re your point about family leave, your sim has to call to ask for family leave, it has never been automatic.  You will get a pop up saying your sim can take family leave when the option becomes available, and again when the option is no longer going to be available, you'll get a pop up for that too. Perhaps you used a mod in the past that made it automatic?

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 2 of 3 (1,609 Views)

Re: Family leave and daycare not working

Community Manager

Hi @faeriemama 

As this report contains multiple bugs and we may already have active dedicated bug report threads opened for them here "Compiled list of reported issues" this thread has been closed.

If there isn't an active thread dedicated to each of the bugs you're experiencing in the link above, please go ahead and create a new bug report, one per each individual bug after testing if the issues persist after installing any mods/cc. That way, we can track things easier and provide relevant information regarding the specific bug.

EACade
Message 3 of 3 (1,545 Views)