Re: Family Portrait shows smoke going from children to moms

by SalixCat

Original Post

Family Portrait shows smoke going from children to moms

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPad 6th gen, iPhone 7s
OS Version 13.3.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1005412719942
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at Family Portrait above fireplace at 2nd house, put a toddler in purple bed at 2nd house.
What do you expect to see? Droplets of smoke appear at child’s feet in Family Portrait and weave around to mother. Happens repeatedly. Child sleeps outside in random places when put to bed in 2nd bed and parents never interact with toddler when tucking in. Children rarely on property unless called by actions When playing with doll house at 2nd house child will attack a purple haired woman (the hair colour of most of my mothers) with a dragon. Used to play with a rubber duck. Practicing letters action for bookcase at first house not present 1 of 2 bassinets disappeared from game. Was unable to replace it. Was listed at $5,000 Sim Cash, no llama tokens, and would not automatically connect to store as per usual.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country Canada
Additional feedback I have a picture of a toddler sleeping outside of bed, a picture of the Family Portrait covered in smoke, and will get one of the child with the dragon and purple toy. Another problem with my game is that besides the Sweet Treat Challenge and Wumples quest I have had a single quest, to buy something, since at least level 38. Don’t know it this is normal or a bug. Will include a screenshot of that.

I think I’ve outlined the issue pretty well. Here are the photos I have. I believe the last one shows my one Quest situation. (It also shows another issue, that I’ve mentioned elsewhere without photos, that I’ve had almost no one but elderly NPCs since the beginning.)

Message 1 of 4 (615 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@CharlieDaisy12 

I can't see any droplets of smoke as you describe in the family portrait. I see the acorns on the tree as part of the background image? Is this smoke you're seeing animated or static?

Message 2 of 4 (574 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hi, it is static, and I can see now they could just be acorns. It was alarming since it didn’t show up until half way through my game, and then as a trail from tree to mother to child, with the child looking down in horror! Unfortunately I haven’t had a reply re: the child play attacking at the doll house and toddlers sleeping in the street but thank you for your question and clarification!

Message 3 of 4 (529 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CharlieDaisy12 The floating toddler issue has been reported before. I'm posting the link to the bug report where you can find an explanation and you can also add screenshots and comments: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Toddler-floating-on-air-instead-of-sleeping-in-bed/td-p/8...

Town full of retired Sims is also a known issue. Here's the link to that bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Open-Ancient-elder-NPCs-don-t-disappear/td-p/6986428/page/2

What I do is make my playable Sims establish relationships with the elder coworkers. I keep retiring three of my Sims very often and after a while new young coworkers arrive.

There is definitely an issue with children and toddlers who are living in other houses different from the main one. Children are sometimes not visible unless you use one of the children items to make them spawn. 

All the information you can provide about this issue is very helpful 😊

I haven't seen yet the issue regarding children attacking other Sims but I'll keep an eye on them 😉

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 4 (487 Views)