Re: Fame Notifications for Conservationist Career without Owning Get Famous

by crinrict

Original Post

Fame Notifications for Conservationist Career without Owning Get Famous

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every EP except Snowy Escape, Get Famous and Get to Work. All GP's except Strangerville, Jungle Adventure and Journey to Batuu. Patio Stuff, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Moschino, Nifty Knitting, Vintage Glamour, Movie Stuff and the Bust the Dust Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the conservationist career up to level 6-7.
What happens when the bug occurs? Notifications pop up about appearing on TV that read "SimFirstName will gain fame and money from this" and a second option which says "SimFirstName's life will remain unchanged"
What do you expect to see? Not that. I thought those notifications were exclusive to Get Famous.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have Get Famous so my sims can't gain fame, yet I received the offer. I've never actually gotten this high in the conservationist career, but I've only ever seen these types of notifications when people play Get Famous. At first, I thought it was a one-time thing, but then it happened again.

___.png___ 2.png___ 3.png

Message 1 of 5 (794 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@HollaAtYourMomma What kinds of mods do you have ? Did you test without them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (770 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I finally got around to testing the game without mods and it still happens. It seems that they reused a lot of gameplay mechanisms from Get Famous for Island Living. The option to "Shoot Nature Documentary", which is similar to the videos made with the video station in Get Famous, is bugged as well. My sim gets paid for publishing them but she never receives her royalties.
Message 3 of 5 (724 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

When I had my mods installed I kept getting this Last Exception pop up:

Execption.png

So, I removed my mods and repaired my game. When played again without my mods installed the same error was still causing an exception. The lastException.txt:

text exception.png

Message 4 of 5 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HollaAtYourMomma

Thanks for testing

The royalty issue has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Not-receiving-royalties/td-p/9483282

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (716 Views)