False abandon penalty, again

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 12
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TravelerSF
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Leave the match -menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Leaving the match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 10
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.11.2019 06:30 (GMT +2)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I left the match after my last squadmate was eliminated. Got an abandonment penalty. I am THIS close to uninstalling the game, I see no point in investing my time and effort into something that keeps punishing me by locking me out of the game for no reason.
What should be happening instead? eing able to leave a match that has ended without a penalty
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 12
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? TravelerSF
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Returning to the lobby after a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Leave the match -menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Leaving the match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? About 10
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.11.2019 06:30 (GMT +2)
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I left the match after my last squadmate was eliminated. Got an abandonment penalty. I am THIS close to uninstalling the game, I see no point in investing my time and effort into something that keeps punishing me by locking me out of the game for no reason.
What should be happening instead? Being able to leave a match that has ended without a penalty
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -

Message 1 of 3 (255 Views)

Re: False abandon penalty, again

Champion (Retired)
@travelersf Maybe it's a bug if you leave fast. Wait until you can spectate the enemy and then leave. I never got penalty this way.
Message 2 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: False abandon penalty, again

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got the same thing a few times, I am banned for 20 hours now... I had a few where I realized I was too fast (even tho my team died, the message did appear that I will be banned, but I already

clicked), but it happened even after the message showed up that the squad is dead. Also, when the game glitches out and freezes I get punished as if I abandoned... With such an unstable/unprecise system, you should not rack up the bans that high, next time this happens I will be out for 40h, not cool...

Message 3 of 3 (145 Views)