False Positive caused by Ring of Elysium (Europa.exe)

by Eryios

Original Post

Accepted Solution

False Positive caused by Ring of Elysium (Europa.exe)

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Eryios
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Lobby
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Switching over to Ring of Elysium after forgetting to close Apex
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? hundreds within 200 hours
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09.06.2019 20:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? You get banned
What should be happening instead? I shouldn't be banned on my primary account.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can test the EAC functionality by opening the Steam Game Ring of Elysium while Apex Legends is running and see that it identifies this program as a cheating program and the account is banned.

I have been permanently banned due to a false positive with EAC identifying Ring of Elysium as an external cheat software. I've been playing the game perfectly fine ever since it came out for a couple of hundred hours and spent good money on loot crates due to genuinely enjoying the game. However after I figured it would have just been an easy appeal and staff would be much more receptive to my appeal and findings but was shoved to the side and regarded as some scummy cheater through multiple appeals explaining my case. If I had genuinely been cheating I wouldn't waste my time or yours trying to rectify this issue.

I've tested my findings of Ring of Elysium causing this ban on a separate account and woke up to an email saying that account was banned as well. After creating a third account and not opening up the game while Apex Legends was running. I am still able to play the game on this account with no issues. Even if I don't get unbanned. I want this issue to be brought to light so no one else is perma'd like I have been over an issue as silly as this.

Message 1 of 3 (696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: False Positive caused by Ring of Elysium (Europa.exe)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi,

If think you got incorrectly banned:

1. Head to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
  2. Select Apex Legends as the product
  3. Select your platform
  4. Select “Manage my account” as the topic
  5. Select “Banned or suspended account” as the issue.
  6. Start a mailing conversation with ToS team.  It could take days to recieve a reply from ToS team.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (659 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi,

If think you got incorrectly banned:

1. Head to https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
  2. Select Apex Legends as the product
  3. Select your platform
  4. Select “Manage my account” as the topic
  5. Select “Banned or suspended account” as the issue.
  6. Start a mailing conversation with ToS team.  It could take days to recieve a reply from ToS team.
Message 2 of 3 (660 Views)

★ Novice

As I stated in my issue, I've already been through the appeal process. They did not take my appeal seriously and remained steadfast with their determination. Hence why I said I don't mind if I am unbanned or not at this point, however I don't want someone else to encounter this issue. 

Message 3 of 3 (650 Views)