Re: Fallen Order Without Voice on EA Desktop

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Fallen Order Without Voice on EA Desktop

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug No Voice when playing Fallen Order on EA Desktop with Xbox Gamepass
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Installing the game by EA Desktop using Gamepass (maybe local from Brazil) and looking that some archives in SwGames/Paks are missing
What happens when the bug occurs? No sound of voices
What do you expect to see? A correction on getting voices when playing the game

I'm from Brasil and I downloaded the game with Gamepass Acess, which grants acess to EA Play only using the EA Desktop (It's on Beta and full of errors). When I started the game, there's no voice (other sounds are ok), and looking at the archives, it seems the english voice pack did not get downloaded. That's not even the problem, cus I'm from Brasil and would play in portuguese br, however, there's NO option to change the language as well.

Tried to fix the installation (impossible, the EA Desktop has no such option)
Tried to redownloaded the game - same error
Tried to Reinstall the EA Desktop and redownloaded - same error
Tried to change the sound option to 7.1 surround to 5.1 to stereo - same error
Tried a solution of a BR youtuber that used some archives to change the language (it worked and I was able to play it, however, when I tried to play today, the voices just vanished again and did not work trying the same method)

Message 1 of 3 (812 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @hellpato  can you try to do a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with Jedi: Fallen Order and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 3 (758 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Again, is this just copy paste bot bs?

But if you are actually a human and no automatic answer machine: First of all i don't have anything against you personally and i am sure most other people with a more harsh way of communication are just frustrated and probably just fuming of anger while typing from hours of troubleshooting because it seems that EA software is progressively getting worse and more broken, just like me right now. I simply see you as the face and only open channel of communication for actually bringing forward complaints to EA.

Now to your answer to this question which btw is on just one of many threads all having the same problem since the game came out. This is absolutely not helpful at all. Mainly because apparently this is a universal problem on almost any system with almost any setup. So its not an individual problem for which you would need any specs information.
Furthermore, this problem has apparently existed since the release of the game. 
You need to fix your game and your stupid new ea app that is even more broken and useless then your games. Any other game launcher and even origin before had a little button to "scan and fix local files" to just replace and or add missing and or corrupted files.
And on the topic of Origin going forward could you please stop uninstalling programs without my permission, yes even though they may be outdated. Because especially in this case, Origin is just better at everything the newer EA app tries to be. Even though Origin was considered one of the worse game launchers before itself.
Finally if the fix would be to close any other program while playing an ea game then i would much rather go for not playing these ea games and just play other games that can handle other software running at the same time.

Thank you if you made it this far and have a nice day.

P.S: I would like to ask that if this is considered as an official complaint to not simply refer me to the support because they are not able to help either and are overall very unhelpful. That's why I'm here....

Message 3 of 3 (310 Views)