Original Post

Accepted Solution

Failure in display of protection

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone
OS Version Newest
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The display of protection does not show the real amount after protection up (Bastila lead). How can the player know the correct amount?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fight Bastila lead and observe how the protection barn goes down to half after attacks. When the last bonus protection is depleted (and the bar is half black) the protection goes up to full.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Denmark

The screenshots captures before and after attack. Before the attack the protection bar is 3/4 full - and after attack (a massive 25K Ventress attack) the bar is almost full.

I have more images and movie of the bug.

54A72EBF-8178-4428-8790-E5B25DC3509F.jpeg
5D4B0DF9-5D90-4F9D-A736-BBEFF1276AE8.jpeg
Message 1 of 7 (695 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Failure in display of protection

EA Live QV Team

Hi @BaldurCPH and thank you for the report.

This appears not to be a bug.

In the screenshot you've provided, both units (Yoda and Bastila) have Protection Up active, giving them extra protection in addition to their normal protection. Since both, the health and the protection bar having a fixed size (length) the game is adjusting the protection bar to the current total protection, resulting in the normal protection (the white part of the protection bar) to appear only half the size of the bar (for example). As soon as the Protection Up is removed by damage to the character, the Protection bar is filled/scaled with the available protection, which is still at or around 100%.

I hope this makes sense but let us know if you need more clarification.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (753 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Another example.

The image with Bastila with lowest protection is before the attack.

FE2A23C6-E314-4BE2-8EEC-BCFAD74BABFB.jpeg
76376BA1-2711-42FD-A994-B2275C264BC8.jpeg
Message 2 of 7 (683 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @BaldurCPH and thank you for the report.

This appears not to be a bug.

In the screenshot you've provided, both units (Yoda and Bastila) have Protection Up active, giving them extra protection in addition to their normal protection. Since both, the health and the protection bar having a fixed size (length) the game is adjusting the protection bar to the current total protection, resulting in the normal protection (the white part of the protection bar) to appear only half the size of the bar (for example). As soon as the Protection Up is removed by damage to the character, the Protection bar is filled/scaled with the available protection, which is still at or around 100%.

I hope this makes sense but let us know if you need more clarification.

Message 3 of 7 (754 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Your explanation does, I guess, but the display of actual protection left is not very informative: I know now that under Bastila lead the “real” (full) protection is hidden. If a character gains protection during a battle the opponent (where protection is maybe gone if maybe at 10%) will not know how much protection the characters actual have left. Is that correct?
Message 4 of 7 (650 Views)

You never "really" know how much characters have left, because it only shows an approximate percentage. At the beginning of a battle, a GK with 90k protection and an Ackbar with 25k protection both look pretty much the same.

For Bonus protection, it shows up as a purple bar, but the "ends" of the protection bar stay the same, so they squish the regular protection and the bonus protection into the same bar. At that point you can only really see the relative ratios of the bonus/real protection by comparing the approximate sizes of the purple and white.

When the bonus protection is gone, the bar reverts back to the original appearance where the entire length of the bar = 100% of the regular protection. This appearance is what is causing the visual confusion.

EA Live QV Team

If a character is gaining Protection Up during a battle, then yes, it is slightly harder to determinate how much of his actual Protection is left until the Protection Up is consumed. If a character is simply gaining Protection (recovering Protection) then you won't see any difference in the normal protection bar, since the purple part only is displayed for Protection Up.

Message 6 of 7 (645 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks!
Message 7 of 7 (632 Views)