Facebook linking error

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Facebook linking
OS Version iPhone 7 iOS 14.0.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 831-667-648
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug According to the last update, Facebook Linking is available again. However, I cannot switch my account from Android to iOS. When I try Facebook linking, it says "an unexpected error occurred while linking account". I also completed the tutorial and tried again but nothing changed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Turkey

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/236346/scheduled-update-10-01-2020#latest 

This update enables an account to be linked across devices and platforms.

IMG_3060.jpg
IMG_3061.jpg
IMG_3062.jpg
Message 1 of 17 (13,989 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Facebook linking error

EA Live QV Team

Hi @serhatvilla7 and thanks for reporting this.

It looks like your account is already linked to both iOS and Android so you cannot link it to a second GameCenter account.

View in thread

Message 5 of 17 (13,922 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I have a similar issue,  long story short I re-downloaded the app last night. Signed in reconnected to my account through Facebook and it restarted, only to have it say ErrorCode 9. I clicked contact us talked to support and did everything they suggested and can't get past the issue.  Even deleted and reinstalled the app didn't work.  

Message 2 of 17 (13,965 Views)

★★ Novice

I also talked to support and after deleted and reinstalled the app but nothing has changed.

Message 3 of 17 (13,959 Views)

★ Novice

I think I'll wait for another update,  because I'm doing research and this apparently causing problems ☹ 

Message 4 of 17 (13,957 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @serhatvilla7 and thanks for reporting this.

It looks like your account is already linked to both iOS and Android so you cannot link it to a second GameCenter account.

Message 5 of 17 (13,923 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@serhatvilla7 There is way to link the account in these cases, is via the guest account. First you need disconnect the Game Center, join in iOS settings, Game Center and be sure any account is connected. Then open the game in the guest account. If there is not any account there, you will see a button in the top left corner ("Have an account?"). Press there, then press on "Link a device" and put your Facebook data. Previously is needed connect to Facebook in the SWGoH settings of your Android device, on Connect, Facebook and put your data. If you have some account in the guest account you need replace it, the account must be at least level 6 to unlock the Facebook connect function in the game settings. After it write "DELETE" and your iOS guest account will be replaced. Now is needed use some Apple ID to connect to the Game Center, some account which never played the game, if you already started the game and your are level 3, level 6 or more will not be possible replace the account if you already linked it to some other Game Center account, if is the first time then yes is possible replace existing accounts. When you use a new account will appear a message asking "Continue game" or "Start a new game". You need press on "Continue game" and the guest account will automatically be linked to the Game Center.

When the accounts already are linked in some platform is not possible do a link to the same platform if is not done via the guest account, usually appears a message that says it, in this case appeared a different message, I don't know why, maybe on iOS not appears the same message that sometimes I see on Google Play, but if you try via the guest account it should work, because I did it several times to link a Google Play mail to a new Google Play mail.
Message 6 of 17 (13,882 Views)

★★ Novice

@QuimSWGoH Thank you very much for the long answer. You must have spent so much time to answer my question, I really appreciate it. I will try what you suggest.

Message 7 of 17 (13,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@serhatvilla7  I can confirm that the method that I explained works, because I got link an account to Game Center when already was linked to Google Play and Game Center at same time, so now is linked to 3 sites at same time. The only problem was that if you have the new mail connected to Game Center before link the account to the guest account and, by error, you connect to the game, also if you almost not started the tutorial, if you only saw the "Have an account?" button but you forced to close the game just after it, it seems the account cannot be linked and is wasted, so to link it is needed, first of all, link the account (connecting to Facebook in the Google Play account) to the iOS guest account, being sure that in the Game Center settings there is not any account connected. Once is linked then you can connected your new Apple ID and it should ask if you want continue the game or start a new game, you press in continue game and automatically is linked. So is important there be sure your new Apple ID is not connected to Game Center before link the account to the guest account or your mail will be wasted and will be needed create a new one. See you!!

Message 8 of 17 (13,822 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank god, it worked. Thank you so much again.

Message 9 of 17 (13,813 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@serhatvilla7 You're welcome, the community managers of this forum should learn this method instead of say that is not possible do that lol
Message 10 of 17 (13,777 Views)