FUT Division Rivals Xbox One controller (Can`t move players or select players)

by hanneb1989

Original Post

FUT Division Rivals Xbox One controller (Can`t move players or select players)

★★★ Guide

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? hanneb1989
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? FUT Division Rivals
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 26-09-2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 10:00 AM
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Connect a Xbox One controller and start FUT Division Rivals
What happens when the bug occurs? Can`t move any player or select any player
What should be happening instead? Fix

Can`t playing FUT Division Rivals with a Xbox One Controller or keyboard can`t move players or select players. 

Have try allready:

- Re-install the game

- Deleted local files

- Re-install Origin

All other game modus on FUT are working fine with the Xbox One controller or keyboard.

Message 1 of 419 (19,057 Views)

Re: FUT Division Rivals Xbox One controller (Can`t move players or select player

Community Manager

Hi, Can you ensure that the pad is connected before you start the game? I tried testing this, when I started matchmaking with the pad in I had no issues, but if I plugged it in after the round started I had all sorts of issues. 

Could this be a factor here?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 419 (19,001 Views)

Re: FUT Division Rivals Xbox One controller (Can`t move players or select player

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yeah i always connect the Xbox One controller before i start fifa (played fifa 17 and 18 without any controllers issues so far) also i`m NOT using any kind of 3third party software just the offical microsoft bluethooth adapter.  

Things that i have allready try to solve the problem:

- Switched different controller

- Deleted Fifa 19

- Reinstall Fifa 19

- Deleted local origin cache

- Deleted Fifa 18 and Fifa 19 Demo

- Disabled fifa 19 cloud files in Origin

- Reinstalled Xboxe One driver

- Talked with chat support but they have no clue....

- My Windows 10 Pro is all up to date

Beside if you have tested it and you also getting issues from the kick off it would be a thing that the devs need to look at ASAP cause beside myself there are lot of others with the same problem (ONLY in Rivals) and the problem when you losing connection in a match and you re-pair again and it gives you then also all kind of problems like you said is also NOT normal at all.

Message 3 of 419 (18,995 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the extra info. Do you have a cord that you can use to test the controller as a wired one? Also does your PC have its own internal bluetooth adapter, in case this could be a factor too?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 419 (18,977 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have tested wired and wireless but the same out come! My PC got indeed a internal bluethooth adapter yes but like i said before i NEVER had issues before on Fifa 17 and 18 again, AND the problem is ONLY with Division Rivals. With other games modes in FUT my Xbox One controller got NO issues at all ONLY with Division Rivals 

Message 5 of 419 (18,968 Views)

Community Manager

Yep I agree that it's very strange. To take a wild guess perhaps there's an extra security element for the new mode, and something local is being picked up as problematic. 

Can you try restarting with a Clean Boot, then connect the pad using the PC's internal adapter rather than the extra one?

https://help.ea.com/au/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 419 (18,957 Views)

★★★ Guide
I dont know but what i know for sure its f*ck up my stats and everything! i have allready tryed a Clean boot is it not working! And it has nothing to do with the internal bluethooth otherwise i would have problems with all the game modes and the problem is ONLY with Division Rivals. So i think you could better call the devs cause all over the internet people are saying the same thing!
Message 7 of 419 (18,946 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem and i did everything you did as well. It doesnt work!
Message 8 of 419 (18,921 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have  the same problems. And sometimes my players play boy themselves.

Message 9 of 419 (18,908 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yeah same over here! Called yesterday with the EA support and they troubleshooting as well:
- Deleted my profiles in the Fifa head menu
- Disabled Cloud files in Origin.

But those 2 things also did not work. @EA_David i think you need speak to the devs about this problem cause it looks like there are a lot of people with the same problem here. I hope they will fix it asap cause now we have paid for something we cannot play.... So i except you to take action!
Message 10 of 419 (18,889 Views)