[OPEN] [FSP] Earbuds/Lin-Z doesn't fulfill stereo wants

by poisonedsoda

Original Post

[OPEN] [FSP] Earbuds/Lin-Z doesn't fulfill stereo wants

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I know the new want/fear system is a bit buggy but I would think that earbuds are basically the same thing as a stereo since they have all the same features. My sim wanted to listen to one of her favorite music types and since there's no stereo in the house I let her listen to earbuds. But it does not fulfill the want. Is there a chance this can be fixed or is this intentional?

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: ps5
Which language are you playing the game in? english
How often does the bug occur? 100% 
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim that has the want "listen to ___" or "dance to ___" for any type of music. Use earbuds to Listen to ___ or dance to ___, for any type of music.
What happens when the bug occurs? Want is not fufilled
What do you expect to see? the want fufilled
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? on console, can't use.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? The patch that added wants and needs

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 21 (6,080 Views)

Re: Earbuds can't fulfill stereo wants

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @poisonedsoda 

I moved your post to the bug forum.

Could you please edit your post and add the following info to your post.

Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in? 
How often does the bug occur? 
What is your current game version number? 
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
What do you expect to see? 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 

The bug template is currently working on/off but it helps if you are not prompted for the template while editing, please answer the questions anyways.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (6,037 Views)

★★ Guide

Noticed this as well. A sim's want of listening to X style of music is not satisfied by listening with the earbuds.
Neither are wants of dancing. Sims can dance to the music playing in the earbuds but want doesn't get fulfilled.

Tested with various types of music (Baroque, Americana, Strange tunes) and with listening by a) directly selecting Earbuds > "Listen to" and b) Earbuds > Turn On > "Listen to"

Message 3 of 21 (5,992 Views)

Hero
@cosumeu Would you mind answering the questions as OP didn't come back so far :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (5,975 Views)

★★ Guide

Platform: ps5
Which language are you playing the game in? english
What is your current game version number? up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim that has the want "listen to ___" or "dance to ___" for any type of music. Use earbuds to Listen to ___ or dance to ___, for any type of music.
What happens when the bug occurs? Want is not fufilled
What do you expect to see? the want fufilled
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? on console, can't use.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? The patch that added wants and needs

Message 5 of 21 (5,961 Views)

★★ Guide

Adding details for PC

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything up to and including High School Years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Have a sim with Earbuds in inventory and wait for them to manifest wants of "Listen to X Music" or "Dance to stereo music". Have the sim listen to the style of music or dance to music using the headphones.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Want to listen/dance to music do not get fulfilled.
What do you expect to see? Wants to listen to a style of music and dance to music getting fulfilled by using the earbuds instead of a regular stereo.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
Not sure, I think both of these wants were whims before.

Message 6 of 21 (5,932 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict i'm having this too. i assumed it was an oversight in game design.
to your questions:
english
everytime
not sure - most recent august patch
wait until a sim has a want of listening to any type of music and try to fulfil that want with earbuds
the sim can listen to that music for days and the want will not be fulfilled
listen to music and dance to music to be fulfilled by using earbuds
i have tried without all my mods, cc and reset the game
noticed as soon as the wants were added to game.
all my sims want to do is listen to music and with a house of multiple people its frustrating having to have music playing in different rooms to make them all happy or have them develop a fear.
Message 7 of 21 (5,676 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [FSP] Earbuds can't fulfill stereo wants

Hero (Retired)

The same thing happens on PS5. Earbuds don't fulfill any stereo wants.

Message 8 of 21 (5,272 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.91
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living. Cottage Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventures, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Backyard, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Laundry Day, Moschino, Movie Hangout, My First Pet, Nifty Knitting, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim that has the want "listen to ___" or "dance to ___" for any type of music. Use earbuds to Listen to ___ or dance to ___, for any type of music.
What happens when the bug occurs? Want is not fufilled.
What do you expect to see? The want fufilled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure.

Message 9 of 21 (4,862 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [FSP] Earbuds can't fulfill stereo wants

★★★★★ Guide
@poisonedsoda I can also confirm this bug. I would also like to add that the Lin-Z Smart Speaker also doesn't fulfill listening to music wants.
Message 10 of 21 (4,827 Views)