FM: Defensemen Who Like To Hold Don't Seem To Exist

by ElysianRaven4

Original Post

FM: Defensemen Who Like To Hold Don't Seem To Exist

★★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at any defenseman's strategy preference, either on your team or in the draft.
What happens when the bug occurs? No defensemen fit with a Hold strategy.
What do you expect to see? I expect there to be players available who fit all the strategies presented in the game.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise Mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Any time
What is your time zone? PNT (MST) - GMT - 7:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? kingmeiv
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

If you're going to have line strategies be an integral mechanic in the mode, you need to have players available that fit all strategies. I don't care if some strategies for some player types are harder to find than others, but they need to exist if you're going to put it in the game.

So far, over the course of 2 drafts I have found ZERO defensemen scouted to prefer to Hold Line and I have acquired ZERO defensemen for either my NHL or AHL team who have the Hold Line preference. Maybe this is just bad luck on my part but this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Message 1 of 8 (910 Views)

Re: FM: Defensemen Who Like To Hold Don't Seem To Exist

★★★ Novice
@ElysianRaven4 i am pretty sure that they don't actually exist at all in the entire game
Message 2 of 8 (889 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ElysianRaven4 

Not disagreeing, but this points to the larger issue with Line Chemistry not being a well-implemented or well-explained system, and all these various systems (line Chemistry, Coaching, Drafting) not working in harmony with each other.  As has been said in some other threads, if the GM gets "good players" on the team, maybe the coach should "adapt his strategies to his players" a bit, rather than waiting around to get fired in case we can find a coach with a better "fit" (since we also can't properly fire coaches in season, etc...).  Besides which, EA doesn't even tell us what benefit we get from having players that fit the system anyway.  What's my +5 Powerplay unit getting that my +0 one isn't?  We don't see a reflection in the stats, necessarily.

Agreed, generated prospects should exist that match needs... but they should also show us why it matters anyway.

Message 3 of 8 (879 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm with you 100% there. There are a lot of problems with the coaching/chemistry system. I like the idea of it and the concept that a line that works well together can compete aginst a line of better players who don't work well together, but it needs a serious rebuild and communication on how it actually works and how it does or doesn't affect both simulated and played games.

Message 4 of 8 (874 Views)

★★ Novice

EA CMs, will this be fixed for NHL 22?

Message 5 of 8 (755 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @rysity 

We don't currently have any details on future games. We'll have to wait and see what is announced down the road.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 8 (736 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Is this at least a known bug for nhl 21? Or was it overlooked
Message 7 of 8 (585 Views)

Community Manager

@brandonmechanic7 

The dev team is aware of this, but I don't have any further details currently.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 8 (569 Views)