FM AI GM’s logic is ridiculous

by SkylerJames13

Original Post

Re: FM AI GM’s logic is ridiculous

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_AljoAlso to revert back to key features missing and another offline mode (just to hit home how offline modes have been disregarded) you completely removed normal seasons from the CHL, OHL & QMJHL not to mention what age you want to start as and you're locked into going to either NYR or LA if you do good or ANA if you don't.

Yes I'm refering to Be A Pro. But I'm proving a point how EA NHL doesn't see profit in a mode it's pushed aside for the most part.

Message 21 of 27 (458 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DeMiGoD1988 You’re bang on with everything you’ve said, and you’ll be countered by EA with the “we listen, we improve, we work on it, it’ll come in the next game” etc spiel that they always have, but we all know the truth. We don’t matter. The online gamers matter. We. Don’t.
We’ve been asking and pushing for support, for fixes, for an actual playable game mode. And we’ve been given nothing. Nothing notable for years
Message 22 of 27 (450 Views)

★ Guide
@SkylerJames13 Let's not forget you use to be able to play you're career as an existing NHL player in Be a Pro and legends started in the league as a 17-18 year old on Franchise. Now you can't play as a NHLer in BAP and legends start their career in Franchise at 26-27 years of age, also if you put legends in Franchise it plays up with lifetime records sort all time.

Also if you put Gaborik into the wild organisation his records won't continue either.. and Woltsky was a Avalanche his entire career when he was in the NHL yet it says N/A in his stats :/
Message 23 of 27 (446 Views)

Community Manager

@DeMiGoD1988 

The idea that we don't care about this mode because it's not part of HUT is completely false. Look at EASHL. That mode doesn't have a way to spend money and gets a very large amount of support. The thing is, the modes that appear to get more attention are also live services. Yes, they are the 2 most popular modes in the game, but there are a high amount of offline players. If we truly weren't interested in Franchise and BAP, they wouldn't be in the game let alone have received big updates over the years. Franchise Mode in particular has had improvements every year for the last few years especially. BAP went through a big revision with NHL 21. I understand it's not up to your expectations and we hate that you're disappointed. Constructive feedback is most certainly used to help improve the game year after year so please keep it coming. 

Aljo.png
Message 24 of 27 (428 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Aljo The trade deadline a hot mess, apart from a way to not to exit it once you're done you have to wait and also the AI of the GMs unbalanced trade values, most of the time they treat the 4th pick as if it's a 2nd and they offer a high pick for a cap dump.. And if you do make a trade then lines are automatically edited without any prompting and you haven't got a say in it. As for BAP didn't we go down this road back in 14 or something where you got interviewed and such? Also I don't have say on what I sign actually I've got none.. This isn't career mode this is season mode on loop and locked to one player. We should have the option to decline offers and regular full seasons for college and Europe hockey so we aren't tied down to three teams on draft day. That's what's fun with the draft!. The unknown! But in BAP you do well and answer all the questions humbly you end up with the rangers, answer them like a knob then you're with the kings however if you do bad in the college or Europe playoffs you end up with the ducks. It's my career I want control over it. Its not that hard of a request and it should've been a no brainer from the start
Message 25 of 27 (423 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Aljo Oh and you've also got the injury bug.. 3 players injured so you bring players up and when the 3 return you've got to many on the active roster but you can't send them down as you're stuck on the best lines, edit lines, rostwr movemtns and assistent coach moves screen until your forced to close and restart the app. Which has been a thing since 2018, which I reported at the time and I was told that the fix would be in 2019 however here we are 2021 and the bug is still alive and kicking
Message 26 of 27 (421 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DeMiGoD1988 Don’t forget the issue, similar to this, when an injury happens to a forward, and when you replace that person, it won’t replace them on all the lines their on, such as PP/PK, etc if they are on the “D” pairing. Even though many teams run 4F 1D on the PP nowadays.

It’s been years and years and this still happens
Message 27 of 27 (393 Views)