[FIXED] sims 4 screenshots blurry after march 24-26th patch

by hansimgamr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] sims 4 screenshots blurry after march 24-26th patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So here is the situation.  Before the patch near the end of March 2015 screenshots were vibrant and sharp.  After the patch however is a different story. They are dull and lower resolution.  The file size is also smaller of the screenshots by about 100k each. Something is happening and they look awful now.

There are many twitter users experiencing the same issues.

Here are some examples that I took.

http://i.imgur.com/GpK7nKK.jpg?1

http://imgur.com/a/JEJfi

Graphic settings have not changed. 1080, full ultra, v sync, uncompressed is ON and so is post processing.

Note this was observed with several video cards on my system and on others systems as well.

Message 1 of 9 (2,212 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 screenshots blurry after march 24-26th patch

Hero

This should be fixed with Patch 1.5.149

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,719 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hansimgamr Moved to bug reporting for now

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,172 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm that this is definitely happening. I took a picture of the same scene using the in-game camera and FRAPS (a screen cap program) and there is a definitely large loss of quality in the in-game picture. There did not use to be a visible difference but now there is one.

Message 3 of 9 (2,120 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah it's terrible and now I can't tell my stories properly because I rely on the in game 'C' screenshot mode to take them... so I hope they take it seriously and fix it.

Message 4 of 9 (2,108 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have now tried in windows 8.1, 8, and windows 7.  Using 3 video cards.  It's not related to hardware.  It's something they did on their end that needs to be fixed.  The sharpening and quality is LOW.

Message 5 of 9 (2,075 Views)

Message 6 of 9 (2,062 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@phyllisp160 - what you are seeing there is the blurring effect from leaving post processing on. Go into your game's options and untick "post-processing on" and that glowing blur should be gone.

What we are talking about is an actual loss in the quality of images generated by the game when using the C button. It used to be that a screencap from an external program such as FRAPS was indistinguishable from a game-generated image. There is now a definite loss of quality. I took a couple of pictures to use for comparison. I'll dig around and see if I can upload them so I can show you what we're actually talking about.

Message 7 of 9 (2,053 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem! I liked to take screenshots with the C button of my Sims in CAS and they would come out looking all detailed and now they're all blurry and it annoys me to no end.

Before the March 24-26 Patch:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/sims-family-legacy/images/f/f2/Lachlan_Blankenship.png/revision/...

After the March 24-26 Patch:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/sims-family-legacy/images/a/a8/Floyd_Blankenship.png/revision/la...

Message 8 of 9 (2,010 Views)

Hero

This should be fixed with Patch 1.5.149

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,720 Views)