Re: [OPEN] "Open Notebook" notification button does not work

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] "Open Notebook" notification button does not work

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

One (very minor) thing I noticed related to this - when a scientist sim has a breakthrough when a sim learns a fishing tip from another sim the notification includes instructions for accessing the notebook but the notification's instructions for accessing the notebook haven't been updated.  It still says something along the lines of "click the icon on the top right of your phone" but the notebook icon is now on the bottom right with the recent update.

Edit: I had the notification trigger wrong.  It's the breakthrough notification (in the Scientist career) not a fishing tip.

Message 11 of 15 (1,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I am also having this issue (brand new game, no mods, deleted localthumbcache and all of the regular - which shouldn't be a regular 'have to do' thing). It seems the latest patch affected this.

Message 12 of 15 (1,356 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Since the 7/16/2019 patch, I have successfully opened the notebook from the notification log. It looks like this was fixed for me in the latest patch. I did delete the thumbnailcache.package file and repair the game after the patch.

Could use some verification from others. It appears to have been ninja-fixed!

Message 13 of 15 (2,498 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It's not working for me on PS4 with the latest patch. 

Message 14 of 15 (1,312 Views)

Hero
@PoptartJuniper Console doesn't have the fixes that came with the last PC patch. If it still occurs on console after the next patch, make a new thread :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 15 (1,308 Views)