Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] "Open Notebook" notification button does not work

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? RG, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Catch a new fish and get a notification message that there is more information about the fish in the notebook. Click on the button "Open Notebook" in the notification panel.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing happens, and the notebook doesn't open
What do you expect to see? The notebook to open and show the fishing list with the new fish information
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.52.100.1020 (June 18, 2019)

The "Open Notebook" button in the notification panel does not open the notebook when a new fish has been caught. Opening the notebook via the phone does work, and the new fish information is added correctly.

Edited to add that notifications about new plants / information have the same issue. It appears that the button to "Open Notebook" in the notification menu is broken, regardless of what prompted the notification in the first place.

Edit #2: July 17, 2019 patch seems to have fixed this for me. I am able to open the notebook from the notification log now.

Message 1 of 15 (1,563 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] "Open Notebook" notification button does not work

Hero (Retired)

Since the 7/16/2019 patch, I have successfully opened the notebook from the notification log. It looks like this was fixed for me in the latest patch. I did delete the thumbnailcache.package file and repair the game after the patch.

Could use some verification from others. It appears to have been ninja-fixed!

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (2,496 Views)

All Replies

Re: "Open Notebook" notification button does not work

★★★ Guide
@BlackjackWidow same issue for me
Message 2 of 15 (1,519 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] "Open Notebook" notification button does not work

★★★★★ Newbie

Not only that - the notebook also seems to be missing from the cellphone menu

Message 3 of 15 (1,440 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Sessentasis - the 6-18-2019 patch moved the notebook to a tab at the bottom on the phone. It works to open it from there in my game. Check to make sure it works for you

Message 4 of 15 (1,430 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh, that works! thanks!

Message 5 of 15 (1,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

There are some reports this is working but I can confirm it is not working for me.

Game version 1.52.100.1020 / Win7 / vanilla folder and never use CC or mods.
I spent quite a while trying to explain this via a chat. He finally understood what I was asking when I sent pictures.
Short version - notebook works from phone. Clicking on the notification should open the notebook but does not.

I suspect this might be related to the change in notebook location on the phone menu.

Notebook Not OpeningFrom Notice.jpg

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 15 (1,404 Views)

Doesn't work for me either, though going to the phone and opening the notebook does. Doesn't work with the new interaction of finding out about a fish from a conversation either.

Message 7 of 15 (1,395 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (1,364 Views)

★ Guide

Same for me, no mods in this save game. 

Message 9 of 15 (1,340 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've experienced this too. And the notifications disappear super quickly too!

Message 10 of 15 (1,330 Views)