Re: [OPEN] "Make Happy" Cheat Not Working Properly

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] "Make Happy" Cheat Not Working Properly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm a big user of the "make happy" cheat on individual sims rather than using the mailbox cheat to max the needs out for the household and the world. So when the functionality of this cheat changed after this latest patch, I noticed it immediately. Here's how the patch used to work and how it works now.

BEFORE THE PATCH:

You would turn testingcheats on, then click on individual sims (household members, visitors and NPCS) and by selecting "make happy" under the decay option, you could max out the needs of any sim you chose, whether they were the active sim (with the plumbob over their head) or not. Meaning that even in a household of 8 people, you could just keep one sim as the active one (w/ the plumbob over their head) and max out the needs of anyone on the lot, by clicking on each individual sim, going under their decay menu and selecting "make happy" on each individual sim (without making each one the active sim -- moving the plumbob over their head -- first). 

In fact, you didn't even have to max out the needs of your active sim if you didn't want to. You could leave the active sim's needs alone and still max out the needs of anyone on the lot by right-clicking on each individual sim and selecting "make happy." 

This meant that you could max out the needs of a complaining, low needs sim, (like an NPC repairman who might leave before finishing the job because his needs were low), without maxing out everyone else on the lot as you must do to use the max needs cheat via the mailbox. As another example, you could max out kids before sending them to school in the morning, and let night shift parents keep their needs low, all without needing to switch each household member to being the active sim in order to make the "make happy" cheat work.

AFTER THE PATCH:

Now, after you turn on testingceats, if you right-click on a sim (whether the active/plumbob sim, another household member, a visitor or an NPC) and click "make happy" it ONLY makes the active sim's needs max out, whether you clicked the "make happy" option on the active sim, or on another household member, or an NPC. This means that you can no longer make other individual sims happy one-by-one, unless they are the active sim. 

This is a problem now because you are now forced to either switch from sim to sim in a household (making them active/plumbob) before making each individual one happy, and you cannot make individual NPCs happy at all, unless you use the "whole world" cheat on a mailbox.

Why does this matter? Let's say you're out on a date with a non-household sim, but they won't do anything with you on the date because they're tired or have to pee, etc. Instead of just maxing their needs using the individual sim "make happy" cheat, you must max out the entire world now. OR, let's say you're at a restaurant and you WANT your hunger needs to be low so that you can eat, but your chef or waiter won't serve you any food because THEIR needs are low! Before the patch, you could just use the "make happy" cheat to max out the waiter or chef's needs so that they would serve you without maxing out the hunger needs of yourself or the other diners.

Right now I've got a world of overweight sims because I keep having to max out the needs of the world in order to get waiters to serve people so everyone's always eating big meals on full stomachs!

There are lots of other reasons why we need the "make happy" cheat to function properly on individual sims, too. Hopefully this all makes, sense, let me know if I need to clarify, or if there's anything else I can do to help in the testing or resolving of this issue!

Message 1 of 8 (9,638 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

• We addressed an issue with the Make Happy cheat. It will once again fulfill the motives of the target Sim, and not the active Sim.

This was addressed in Patch 1.33.38

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (9,903 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] "Make Happy" Cheat Not Working Properly

★ Pro

It's true what @ceb6973 writes, I have the same issue. It always worked fine before and stopped working after the latest patch. I always used this very handy shift-click on another Sim cheat to make tired walkby townies or gardeners happy but now all this method does is making yourself happy instead.

Message 2 of 8 (9,554 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm also having this bug. I used to use the 'make happy' cheat on uncontrolled sims so they would be able to have fun with my sims, but now I can't as the cheat is not working. Now my sims friends are always either hungry, tired or have to pee.

Message 3 of 8 (9,537 Views)

Hero

Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (9,483 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hello I'm new to the sims 4 pc version. I have been having a really hard time with the cheats as well working. I watched all the videos and nothing like that pops up. do I need to go to other to get that to work?

Message 5 of 8 (9,286 Views)

Hero

The make happy cheat is currently bugged and only works on the active Sim

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (9,285 Views)

★ Novice
I've been experiencing the same bug but see it doesn't work on any sim not even of the active sim I am using... But thing is just a few days ago I had been playing on a friend's account and computer the cheat worked fine! But now on my own device and account it refuses to work... Wish this bug is fixed soon :/ that cheat is very useful!
Message 7 of 8 (8,629 Views)

Hero

• We addressed an issue with the Make Happy cheat. It will once again fulfill the motives of the target Sim, and not the active Sim.

This was addressed in Patch 1.33.38

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (9,904 Views)