Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] "Join Game" interaction at card table doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game and Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Instruct a Sim to "Join Game" with other Sims sitting and playing game at card table
What happens when the bug occurs? A Sim instructed to "Join Game" with Sims playing at the card table will attempt the interaction but then snap to attention with nothing in that Sims activities queue. Other players continue to play cards.
What do you expect to see? The Sim joins the card game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Moved all contents of Mods folder to backup, moved contents of Tray folder to backup, deleted all contents of Sims 4 folder, reinstalled game via Origin. Bug still happens 100% of the time and throws the same exception file every time

Message 1 of 9 (1,722 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO ADD] "Join Game" interaction at card table doesn't work

★★★★ Pro

Also in my game this seems to be fixed. I tested it three times without problems.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,478 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro
I noticed that too.
Message 2 of 9 (1,649 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (1,547 Views)

Hero

Anyone still seeing this issue ?

@NoobForNow @alanmichael1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,502 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hello @crinrict

I'm still on vacation and don't know about the current patch, but I tested this issue shortly before leaving and it was still there. It occurs when an actively played Sim tries to join a game of cards. Interestingly, it doesn't happen if your Sim asks a townie to join.

Message 5 of 9 (1,493 Views)

Hero
I had no issues joining yesterday (and I saw it before), so if you could test when you get back, that would be great.

Enjoy your vacation.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,478 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Thank you, I will test everything! Can"t wait to play Seasons.

Message 7 of 9 (1,473 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Also in my game this seems to be fixed. I tested it three times without problems.

Message 8 of 9 (1,479 Views)

Hero
Thanks for testing. Marking this as fixed then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,427 Views)