Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] "Cleaning frenzy" option not working as intended

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cool Kitchen SP, Fitness SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? click on a Sim and choose "Cleaning frenzy".
What happens when the bug occurs? the Sim will not clean every dirty object and/or will stand in place doing nothing.
What do you expect to see? the Sim to begin cleaning all dirty objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

the "cleaning frenzy" option doesn't work properly. the Sim will not clean everything. sometimes they will just stand in place as the queue bubble appears and vanishes a few seconds later. all objects/trash/puddles/etc. are nearby and accessible/not blocked by anything, Sims do not react as if they can't reach them. clicking on each dirty object or trash and directing Sims to clean does work.

Message 1 of 20 (4,535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] "Cleaning frenzy" option not working as intended

Hero

I believe there might still be issue but those are related to other bugs.

Marking this as fixed for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 20 (4,405 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] "Cleaning frenzy" option not working as intended

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

another test: a Sim is drinking tea and talking to others. clicking on him and then on "cleaning frenzy" has the action appear at the top of the queue, then vanish after a few seconds. the Sim never stops what he is doing, but still gets the energised "cleaning frenzy" moodlet. he then goes on to wash his tea mug as he (as a neat Sim) would normally do.

trying a different neat Sim who is talking to another. "cleaning frenzy" bubble appears, remains queued for a bit longer this time, then disappears. the Sim never stops the conversation or walks away to attempt to clean. he is actually standing on a smelly pile of rubbish, left on the floor after somebody else repaired an object. he gets the energised "cleaning frenzy" moodlet as well.

Message 2 of 20 (4,315 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Our testers are having trouble reproducing, could you possibly share a save file where you're having this issue? Thanks for the help! Instructions for sending me a file: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 20 (4,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hi @SimGuruNick, thank you for writing. i uploaded my saves folder. i'm sorry it took me this long to post; i wanted to earlier, but i was having trouble loading the reply page.

so i saw this happen again. i clicked on a Sim and on "cleaning frenzy". she immediately got into an energised mood and acquired the "cleaning frenzy!" moodlet. all before propping up the rubbish bin that's outside the house. she left the rubbish on the ground (never attempted to pick it up) and the "cleaning frenzy" bubble disappeared from the queue. clicking on her again didn't bring up "cleaning frenzy" anymore.

Message 4 of 20 (4,278 Views)

Re: "Cleaning frenzy" option not working as intended

Hero

I've added this for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (4,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

still happening. they might clean/wash one object, but ignore other dirty/smelly things. the moodlet still appears before they have cleaned anything.

Message 6 of 20 (4,183 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue as well. Energized moodlet occurs and exactly 1 object gets cleaned. 

Message 7 of 20 (4,061 Views)

Hero

Hi @Lizbliz892

would you be willing to share your saves as per SimsGuruNick's instructions above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (4,042 Views)

Hero

I've tried this in my own game a while ago and it seems to work okish now

Anyone still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (3,892 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Tested this a couple of times with my neat sim - she immediately got the energized moodlet, and she did clean up the dishes, pick up and put away some toys, and cleaned the dirty counters. I would not call it "frenzied" cleaning, but she did accomplish all of the cleaning tasks available. Previously, she would get the moodlet and maybe wash one dish that was close to her, leaving a filthy house. I believe this is fixed in my game.

Message 10 of 20 (3,858 Views)