Re: "Admire New Possessions" Action Missing

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] "Admire New Possessions" Action Missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Sims who have the Materialistic trait have the "admire new possessions" option missing on some of the objects they buy including the dishwasher or any objects purchased from the decorations category in the build mode catalog.

Message 1 of 9 (3,568 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] "Admire New Possessions" Action Missing

Hero

• The Admire New Possessions interaction was missing… we have no idea how it got out or why, but it’s back now thanks to a caring couple who discovered it wandering around scared in the grocery parking lot. They kept it well fed, gave it lots of love, and have brought it home once again for all of us to enjoy.

Fixed in Patch 1.24.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (3,533 Views)

All Replies

Hero

So it's

• Dishwasher
  • Deco Objects

Anything else ?

Added this

I sometimes get the interaction on stuff that's not new. It's a bit weird

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,544 Views)

★★★ Pro

Anything else ?

So far this is what I have tested.  If there is anything else, I will add.

I sometimes get the interaction on stuff that's not new.

I have this also happen in my game.  I also am sometimes unable to admire stuff that is new but later on I am able to use the action on the objects.

Message 3 of 9 (3,534 Views)

★★ Guide

This action has been hit or miss with me since I first started playing a household with a Materialist Sim, and the hit or miss persists to this day. I'll buy three new things and none will have the action available, then an item bought SIm-weeks ago will suddenly have it.

I'm on Mac OS 10.10.5, no mods or custom content (ever), all expansions and packs.

Message 4 of 9 (3,504 Views)

★★ Guide

Though I haven't really dig into this, it is to my knowledge that "admire new possession" is an action of limited time that recurs from time to time. Each time different objects possessed the ability to be "admired." I'll explain below with an incomplete example:

6 identical counters in a room, today from 10:00 to 12:00 4 of them can be admired; tomorrow from 15:00 to 18:00 the other 2 posses such ability.

Please mind that this is just an example for explanation, not necessary what happen in game.

To conclude,

The object does not have to be new, and type doesn't matter as well, the same type of objects might have different intervals of admiration. Unfortunately at this time I cannot tell the interval is set by the Sim or the object.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 9 (3,481 Views)

★★★ Expert

Game: ALL except Spooky Stuff

Mods: Tested yes and no.

It is intermittent on smaller items, dishwashers and decorations never seem to have the option, but other items might or might not, and they can be old items that have not been admired and, still get the interaction at time.

It acts like it needs some fine tuning and, need to be applied based on purchase price of the item. Say over 300 simoleans, no matter what it is for the first week it's on the lot, then never again.

Not a big deal really but, it wold be better if it were adjusted, or if we knew the parameters for getting the interaction at least.

Message 6 of 9 (3,359 Views)

Hero

• The Admire New Possessions interaction was missing… we have no idea how it got out or why, but it’s back now thanks to a caring couple who discovered it wandering around scared in the grocery parking lot. They kept it well fed, gave it lots of love, and have brought it home once again for all of us to enjoy.

Fixed in Patch 1.24.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (3,534 Views)

Re: [FIXED] "Admire New Possessions" Action Missing

★★★★ Apprentice

Admire new possession no longer appears on anything I buy regardless of price. Bought the jukebox, a fairly expensive item, nothing. Nothing on the flatscreen, computer or fireplace.

Message 8 of 9 (2,304 Views)

Re: [FIXED] "Admire New Possessions" Action Missing

Hero
@kriggin1 Could you please create a new thread. This has been fixed an while ago and if it's back, a new thread is needed.

Thanks-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,297 Views)