Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] **debug** in style

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all except for fitness stuff, vampires, cool kitchen, halloween, and luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode under styles
What happens when the bug occurs? It lists **debug** as a style.
What do you expect to see? There shouldn’t be a style type named **debug**
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch from March 8, 2018

Says **debug** when sims sells a book

Message 1 of 17 (2,150 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: **debug** in style

Hero

The “Debug” style will no longer be an available style filter in the Build and Create a Sim catalogs.
  • While there was a movement amongst the design community to expand the notion of art, form, style, and fashion, it was ultimately deemed derivative of the work of Mugatu, and his Derelicte line.

Fixed in Patch 1.42.30

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 17 (2,487 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Have you tried these steps and you still have that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p... ?

I'm not sure what you mean by style type. The styled rooms ? Could you post a pic ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (2,144 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
In build mode you click style when want to filter that style that you want. It says **debug** at the top.
Message 3 of 17 (2,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I do have that too for styles

How are you selling the books to have debug show ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,127 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

When I get a reward for published books one says **debug** and the others say a name. 

Message 5 of 17 (2,119 Views)

Hero
Are these the only two instances ? Could you post a pic of that book thing as well, when you get it ?

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,111 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am not in game play and how do I get rid of this bug. 

Message 7 of 17 (2,109 Views)

Hero
Don't think there's a way. The devs will need to decide if it's something they put there on purpose or if it's a bug and then whether or not it's worth fixing.

Doesn't have to be now. Next time you come a cross it, take a screenshot and post it.

Only advice I have for now: Ignore it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (2,107 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This looks like a mistake to me, especially since selecting it does not yield any results, even after having enabled bb.showhiddenobjects.  I will add it to our list.

Message 9 of 17 (2,093 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It still has the same problem. I even uninstalled the game. 

Message 10 of 17 (2,037 Views)