[FIXED] [XB1] Sound crackling and skipping

by hrdavey

Original Post

Re: Xbox One Crashing - Crackly Audio

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been following it for some time now. Seems like no one can figure out how to resolve the issue.

Message 111 of 118 (980 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@LeeroyJenkins943 They are bugs. You have to wait for a patch to fix them.
Message 112 of 118 (950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is it unusual for a bug to go unfixed for what appears to be approaching half a year? 

Message 113 of 118 (930 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1] Sound crackling and skipping

★★★★★ Novice

Are they ever going to fix this? I’ve had it so bad today.

Message 114 of 118 (900 Views)

Re: [SOUND PROBLEM ECO LIFESTYLE] Sound crackling and skipping

★★★★★ Novice

same here. I’m on Xbox one and have been having this issue on and off for months. I just got eco living and now it’s even worse. This is ridiculous it’s still not fixed. 

Message 115 of 118 (901 Views)

Re: Audio bug with apartments

★★★★★ Novice

I know this is months later, but I just reinstalled everything and it’s worse than ever on my Xbox. It’s becoming unplayable. 

Message 116 of 118 (897 Views)

Freezing, distorted audio

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4, University, Cats & Dogs, Strangerville, Seasons, Vampires, My First Pet Stuff, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happened for some reason after I downloaded Cats & Dogs from Microsoft store. I uninstalled everything reinstalled same issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? It is playable for a few minutes then audio slowly begins to distort and gets worse then freezes until it's unplayable. Pets will not go up and down stairs as well.
What do you expect to see? Freezing, stuttering audio, distorted audio. Pets won't go up or down stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1. My game keeps stuttering having distorted audio and freezing. It happens after a few minutes until it gets virtually unplayable. I uninstalled all content then reinstalled and it's still the same. I haven't had this issue until I downloaded Cats & Dogs. My pets won't go up or down stairs either...anyone elsewhere having this issue? It's upsetting because I mostly only play Sims but now it's unplayable. How can this be fixed? 
Message 117 of 118 (821 Views)

Re: Freezing, distorted audio

Hero

For our Xbox One Simmers, we have fixed an issue in which the audio was distorted after several hours of gameplay.

Fixed in Patch 1.70.84/ 1.37

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 118 of 118 (3,938 Views)