by hrdavey

Original Post

Re: Audio bug with apartments

Hero
@MisStealYoKi11 Sounds like the second then. I'll merge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 118 (1,209 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

The team hasn't been able to reproduce this yet, but is still investigating.

For anyone still experiencing this - have you tried re-installing the game and seeing if that fixes it?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 92 of 118 (1,167 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello. I am having this issue right now after installing eco lifestyle. I am reinstalling the game right now and then I will uninstall eco abd see if that fixes it.

Message 93 of 118 (1,116 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB1] Sound crackling and skipping

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Sound crackling and skipping. It sounds like it's coming from a busted speaker, but TV's working fine and so is the XBOX. It only effect Sims 4. It seems it happened after I installed the Tiny Houses pack.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure. I downloaded the game a couple of days ago.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Journey to Batuu, Eco Living, Tiny Houses.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure. I play the game and about an hour into the gameplay it happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? In gameplay the sound crackles and skips.
What do you expect to see? Sound should work without crackling and skipping
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since Eco Lifestyle or Tiny Houses. I installed them a day apart. Sound was working fine with Eco Lifestyles, but after I installed Tiny Houses, the bug occured .

Message 94 of 118 (1,066 Views)

★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo hello, I did uninstall the game along with all the packs and I still had the same audio issue when I reinstalled everything. now this bug is starting to basically corrupt all of my other packs and worlds that I play with and I think it started out with eco lifestyle and it’s eco footprint. The game is unplayable at this point.
Message 95 of 118 (1,054 Views)

Sound Issues: Crackles then the game crashes

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.32
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? It started happening after the last update. I play for about an hour, the sound starts to crackle and gets worse for about 20 minutes then the game crashes returning me to the Xbox home screen.
What do you expect to see? The crackling to stop and the game not to crash
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've uninstalled everything and re-installed everything. Still having the same issue. It's not worth sitting through the load times to only get to play for an hour. The game is pretty much unplayable right now. Hope you guys can get it fixed soon. Love the game!

Message 96 of 118 (1,044 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo I reinstalled and for now it seems to work. But I haven't tested playing in the world added with Eco Lifestyle yet. I think playing in Eco and going from living to building is what sets it off. At least that's what it seems to me.
Message 97 of 118 (1,028 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this problem. I’m on XboxOne, just installed city living. About an hour into game play, the crackling sound begins. Like a skipping record. Then after a bit the game freezes. 

this is The Sims all over again...😭

Message 98 of 118 (951 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello all.

We were finally able to see this issue.  The team will be looking into it.  Thank you for all of the information you've sent.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 99 of 118 (935 Views)

★ Novice

I seen there was an update today. Was this to address the issue as I'm finding it is still happening religiously after 1-2hours of game play.. I have un installed and re installed everything today, didn't work.. I don't have the Eco pack but have quite afew others. Please let us know when and if you can fix this! It is really making the game un playable. I see there are some deals on packs in the store but I don't want to add more to the game when it's crashing constantly already! Thank youuu

Message 100 of 118 (1,019 Views)