[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] Writing on Computer doesn't work

by rob5161990

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [XB1/PS4] Writing on Computer doesn't work

@skittlesdh  I've merged your post into the master bug thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post on page 1 and add any other info you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 44 (767 Views)

Re: Why cant my sims write books

Hero
@skittlesdh Are you on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 44 (753 Views)

Re: Unable to Resume Writing Books

★★★★ Novice

I have this issue too. The work around seems to be to go into buy/build mode, put the computer into household inventory, and then put in back into the world again. This will make the computer usable for this play through. You need to do this every time you reload the game or travel to another lot though.

Message 23 of 44 (743 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [XB1/PS4] Writing on Computer doesn't work

★ Novice

Same here on PS4 I have created an Author sim who refuses to write, replacing the computer constantly may give you a book or two if lucky. Not very useful though, this is like playing Fifa where the ball vanishes till you buy a new one to kick. Sounds like it's a long ongoing issue on Pc reading past threads, and on console will no doubt a a far longer one. Any chance of dropping The Sims 1 vanilla as a freebie d/l EA till I can play this, as atm I may as well bin it and crack on with an alt. Title like FC5 again.

My author income is slowly dropping as I cry into my Morrisons own brand lilt :'( 

Message 24 of 44 (731 Views)

Sims 4 ps4 error write a book option won’t work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Free stuff only no expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any computer and tell the sim to write a book
What happens when the bug occurs? No matter what sim is selected, in every house and on every computer the Write a Book option does not work. It will not even pop up the icon that I attempted to select it. I wrote 2 books and then used the mailbox with one character and ever since I cannot write books. I can’t progress with the writing career because of this glitch. My game has since updated but still not working right. The option to practice writing works and made it to max writing level and still could not get them to write a book.
What do you expect to see? They won’t even go to the computer it doesn’t even show the icon in the corner it acts as if I selected nothing and no matter what sim is selected, or what house, or what city, or what computer it does it every time I try to get them to write a book.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please help; my sims will not write a book so I am unable to progress on the achievement and career paths for writers 

Message 25 of 44 (739 Views)

Re: Sims 4 ps4 error write a book option won’t work

Hero
@ladyabinezer merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 44 (703 Views)

Re: Unable to Resume Writing Books

★★★ Novice
@howxiann Thanks so much that actually works.
Message 27 of 44 (676 Views)

Can’t Write Books

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to write a book
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on the computer to write a book. The interaction immedietly cancels
What do you expect to see? To be able to write a book
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Thanks

Message 28 of 44 (624 Views)

Re: Can’t Write Books

Hero
@awheels77 merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 44 (616 Views)

Re: Can’t Write Books

★★★★ Novice

What’s the process here? Will this eventually get updated via a patch? I’ve never had an issue with any gameplay before, so I am not sure how things get fixed. Thanks!

Message 30 of 44 (612 Views)