Re: Can’t Write Books

by awheels77

Original Post

Hero
@awheels77 This was fixed on PC/Mac already so you guys hopefully get it on the next console patch.

There's no rule to when stuff gets fixed. The wider spread an issue the faster it gets fixed but there's also exceptions to that rule depending on how difficult the fix is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 44 (675 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Message 32 of 44 (662 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Writing on computer not working properly

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem on a ps4, I’m also having a problem with the notification wall not clearing and my sim who is a freelancer is writing books and it keep saying that it needs to be edited and won’t proceed any after that

Message 33 of 44 (583 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [XB1/PS4] Writing on Computer doesn't work

★★★ Newbie

Started having the same problem. The expansion packs I have are Cats & Dogs, Vampires, Parenthood, and Toddler Stuff. It did it once before and then I bought a new computer and it had stopped. Now it has started again and I need to write books for my career and I can't.

Have tried to scrap the book, write other ones, tried it on different computers (in household and by going to the library) and nothing has changed. What do I do? I really dont want to change career paths this far in. But I cant get promotions as fast anymore because I am not able to do the daily tasks (writing books).

Message 34 of 44 (559 Views)

Cannot Prepare Grant Application for Conservationist Career

★ Novice

I'm playing on Island Living for the PS4 and I cannot prepare a Grant Application. Every time I select the computer, the Conservationist, and then 'Prepare Grant Application... NOTHING HAPPENS. Nothing shows up in my queue, my sim doesn't make an effort to go to the computer... nothing. My sims needs are all in green, my logic and charisma levels are all where they need to be, I've done research and everything so I don't understand why I can't do this. The last update was on 1/16/2020 so I have the latest version. Please help Devil

Message 35 of 44 (588 Views)

Re: Cannot Prepare Grant Application for Conservationist Career

Hero
@MsMonochrome This is almost 100% certain related to the current writing on computer bug that's still present on console.

I merged your post with the existing bug report on it.

Should the writing issue get fixed and you still have issues with the Grant Application, please let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 44 (541 Views)

Re: Cannot Prepare Grant Application for Conservationist Career

★ Novice

Thanks for you're input! I'll wait and see if the bug is fixed and then let you know.🙂

Message 37 of 44 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here.. I dont understand it. I have that same problem although I dont have any packs. Ita very confusing I hope they fix it soon

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 38 of 44 (494 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [XB1/PS4] Writing on Computer doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@MarkieMae312 Someone said to put your computer in home inventory and then place it back in the world. This has been working for me. You have to do it every time you leave the lot. Tedious but it works. Someone said to put your computer in home inventory and then place it back in the world. This has been working for me. You have to do it every time you leave the lot. Tedious but it works. Someone said to put your computer in home inventory and then place it back in the world. This has been working for me. You have to do it every time you leave the lot. Tedious but it works.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 39 of 44 (467 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue where Sims didn’t write a genre book when “Write Genre Book” was selected.

Fixed in Patch 1.22

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 44 (1,593 Views)