Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] Writing on Computer doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? It doesn’t matter
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a random sim make a random book on a computer and then see what happens next
What happens when the bug occurs? The action cancels automatically
What do you expect to see? He action to be done correctly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The University Expansion Pack but I didn’t make that change

I got told it was a bug by one of the EA helpers, please resolve this problem

Message 5 of 44 (1,819 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Writing on computer not working properly

Hero

Fixed an issue where Sims didn’t write a genre book when “Write Genre Book” was selected.

Fixed in Patch 1.22

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 40 of 44 (1,592 Views)

All Replies

Writing new books is broken

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dining out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? None of the sims can write new books at any of the computers. Will not enter the queue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Inability for sims to write new books on computers.
What do you expect to see? Sims should have a write book in queue and then have title selection screen pop up once they start.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started as soon as updates to 1.20

Nothing to add

Message 1 of 44 (1,964 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm on Xbox and don't have any packs but its happening to me too

Message 2 of 44 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same issue on the console version (PS4)

Ive tried on a other Sim and it happend around same level 7 of writing skills

i've search on the internet for an answer but all i see is people switching there files around that seems to work.

unfortunately that rules people like me on the console version out of s solution.Hope this Will get fixed soon but knowing EA it probably wont.😐

Message 3 of 44 (1,921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@CAMAKAZE187 wrote:

I have this same issue on the console version (PS4)

Ive tried on a other Sim and it happend around same level 7 of writing skills

i've search on the internet for an answer but all i see is people switching there files around that seems to work.

unfortunately that rules people like me on the console version out of s solution.Hope this Will get fixed soon but knowing EA it probably wont.😐

Adding on to your reply saying I have the exact same problem/bug too on PS4. A writer who can't make profitable writings; very immersive EA! Too bad we can't write from the bookcase with a pen and paper. Switching profession and aspiration until the bugfix.

Message 4 of 44 (1,871 Views)

Re: Please fix this weird problem

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rob5161990 This is a known issue that was fixed in yesterday's PC patch. You guys on console will need to wait for the next patch to get this fixed.

Here's the PC thread for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Writing-on-computer-not-working-properly/m-p/8416248

EDIT: Moving over all console posts from the other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 44 (1,805 Views)

writing genre books and comedy routines PS4

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? island living, patio, outdoors, famous, city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? queue write genre book (any genre) under the writing tab or write comedy routine under comedy
What happens when the bug occurs? the task gets removed or doesn't show up in the list of tasks at all.
What do you expect to see? the sim's task bar does not contain the above tasks. the sim can not write books or comedy routine.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. game update 1.20 is when errors began occurring.

after 1.20, sims can no longer write genre books or comedy routines. I have tried to do these tasks in 3 different households and 4 different sims with various writing and comedy levels. 

Message 7 of 44 (1,734 Views)

Re: writing genre books and comedy routines PS4

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@EchoKix 

Investigating to see if this is specific to PS4 or to the game in general.

The PC issues with genre books and comedy writing were reported in the links below.
One of the suggested workarounds was to buy a new computer.
Is your Sim any kind of occult? Spellcasters in particular were reported to have this issue.

{Needs input}Can't write comedy routines
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-Can-t-write-comedy-routines/td-p/8447076

{Fixed} Writing on computer not working properly
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Writing-on-computer-not-working-properly/m-p/8416248

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 44 (1,723 Views)

Re: writing genre books and comedy routines PS4

Hero
@EchoKix I merged your post with the current console bug report for this.

The comedy routines are unfortunately still inconclusive if it's the same issue or not.

I think it's best to wait for the next console patch and if you still have issues with comedy routines.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 44 (1,703 Views)

Unable to Resume Writing Books

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Spa and Restaurant Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I guess just attempt to write and see if it'll let the Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I attempt to resume writing or scrap a book, it won't let me. The option disappears off of their que. The issue occurred all of a sudden. I never had this issue in the months that I've been playing.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should be able to write their books.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Every time my Sims attempt to write, the task completely disappears off of their list without ever attempting it.  I never had this issue in the previous weeks that I've been playing the game.  I had the spa and restaurant packs for a while before the issue started so I don't think they caused it.  Any help would be great since my royalties are dwindling at this point. I was up to $9000/day now I'm barely at $1000.  

Message 10 of 44 (1,693 Views)