Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] [ROM] Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Awesome Animal hats digital content, Cats and Dogs, City Living, cool kitchen stuff, dine outside, fitness stuff, get famous, get to work, jungle adventure, kids room stuff, life of the party, movie handout stuff, parenthood, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff, 4 seasons, spa day, toddler stuff, up all night, vampires, vintage glamour stuff, get together, island living, realm of magic, and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set "SpellCraft and Sorcery" aspiration for your sim. Go to Magic Realm and turn your sim to spell caster and do the last quest.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest
What do you expect to see? omplete the "Learn a Spell" quest
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I try to do this quest many ways to doI try to learn magic from the sagesfrom tomepractice by simself and duel for knowledgebut the quest is still incomplete

Message 9 of 16 (2,675 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Magic realm aspirations

Hero

Fixed an issue where some Spellcasters would not complete the “Learn a Spell” goal, even though they would learn a Spell

Fixed in Patch 1.22

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (2,926 Views)

All Replies

Magic realm aspirations

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.19
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? New aspirations are not working. Have learned all spells still says learning a spell. Have learned all options still says learn a potion.
What happens when the bug occurs? Aspirations Should be complete but they aren't
What do you expect to see? Completed aspirations
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm trying to complete these two magic aspirations and it is stuck on the the first level the last one: learn a spell/potion. I've learned all portions and just learned the last spell. Never used mods, or cheats as you can't get trophies that way. I just want top be able to complete them. 

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 16 (3,009 Views)

Hero
@Wakko_Warner_88 Was your Sim another occult before or always only a spellcaster ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (3,004 Views)

★★ Novice

Occult? As in?

Message 3 of 16 (2,994 Views)

Hero
@Wakko_Warner_88 Vampire, Alien, Mermaid

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (2,991 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope nothing

Message 5 of 16 (2,984 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ROM] Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations

★★★ Novice
  1. Product: The Sims 4
    Platform: Console (PS4)
    Which language are you playing the game in? English
    How often does the bug occur? 100%
    What is your current game version number? Not sure; the PS4 updates automatically.
    What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion & game packs except Cats & Dogs, Island Living, Spa Day, Strangerville. Stuff Packs installed: Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Kids Room, Vintage Glamour, Toddler.
    Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose one of the spellcaster aspirations and try to complete the "Learn a spell" or "Learn a potion"
    What happens when the bug occurs? Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" or "Learn a potion" although new spells and potions are learned
    What do you expect to see? I would expect the newly learned spell or potion to count.
    Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never.
    Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No - last thing installed was Magic Realm.
Message 6 of 16 (2,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Wakko_Warner_88 I merged your post with existing thread then.

QA is looking for saves for this one so if you'd be willing to share yours, that'd be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (2,904 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Can't complete task for spellcaster aspirations

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Platform: PS4

How often does the bug occur?

Always

What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.3400

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work

Game: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

I’m not sure, but if it has to do with the sim, here is the info.
The sim I am playing has never been an occult before Realm of Magic. However, she is a 5 Star Celebrity with a Pristine Reputation. The Sim I am playing is a “super sim” with the following traits:

Creative, Hot-headed, Self-Assured, Gym Rat, Savant, Beguiling, Night Owl, Entrepreneurial, Expressionistic, Forever Fresh, Frugal, Spice Hound, Incredibly Funny, Independent, Speed Reader, Never Weary, Morning Sim, Cold Acclimation, Iceproof, Heatproof, Needs No One, Professorial, Connections, Handy, Always Welcome, Marketable, Poetic, Professional Slacker, Observant, Heat Acclaimation, Storm Chaser Sim, Vicarious, Shrewd, Seldom Sleepy, Waterproof Sim, Great Kisser, Speed Cleaner, Natural Leader, Shameless, Thrifty, Carefree, Fresh Chef, Free Services, Steel Bladder, Creative Visionary, Potion Master, Piper, Laid-Back, Long Lived, Super Green Thumb, Mentor, Great Story Teller, Beloved, Stoves and Grills Master, Unstoppable Fame, Forever Full, Muser.

What happens when the bug occurs?

Sim unable to complete Learn a Spell task for Spell Caster Aspiration.

What do you expect to see?

The Learn a Spell task should mark itself as complete after a spell is learned.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, this issue is on console (PS4).

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Yes.

Please describe the patch or change you made.

Installed Realm of Magic

Message 8 of 16 (2,639 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [XB1] Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sunny85B This bug was fixed for PC/Mac in the last patch so hopefully you'll get a fix for this on the next console patch.

PC/Mac Thread for Reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Can-t-complete-task-for-spellcaster-aspiration...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (2,590 Views)