[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] Can't change aspiration

by Immachevygirl

Original Post

Re: [XB1/PS4] Can't change aspiration

★ Novice

I've encountered this bug as well, it must have came in with the new rebranding update. How I get past it is as soon as I get in the aspiration menu I don't scroll down, only hit your bumper buttons to go to a new menu. Sadly you have to exit the menu and do it again if you hit the down arrow. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Message 11 of 33 (1,935 Views)

Hero
@TheRealNoahSkibb Are you on console too ? XBox or PS4 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 33 (1,906 Views)

Unable to change aspiration sections, use phone to travel etc.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.17.4.4400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Famous, Cat and Dogs, Seasons, Get Together, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do not know, it worked fine before but ever since I installed Get Famous (around the same time as the latest patch) the UI has not worked at all.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can not select the upper sections of Aspirations (to change from say Parenting to Artistic) nor can I select the icons at the bottom of the phone (so I can not travel, I can not volunteer, I can not look for work from the phone etc.)
What do you expect to see? Being able to change freely between Aspirations and use my phone to do things other than invite friends over to my current lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The bug only started happening since I installed Get Famous, but I put off playing the game for a few days and there was a patch before I got around to playing.

I can go up and down in single sections of Aspirations, but not up to the top to scroll left and right (for instance, I can go from Big Happy Family to Super Parent, but not to Painter Extraordinaire)

Same deal with the phone, I can do everything in the first section (such as calling people or inviting them over) but I can't scroll to the bottom icons to change to the car icon to travel or look for a job or move household etc.

Message 13 of 33 (1,931 Views)

Re: Unable to change aspiration sections, use phone to travel etc.

★ Pro
@Kompletionist92 Have you tried clicking the upper shoulder buttons or does this just change game speed?
Message 14 of 33 (1,156 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kusurusu Ive pressed every button on the controller many times, the shoulder buttons just change game speed as they should.
Message 15 of 33 (1,143 Views)

★ Pro
@Kompletionist92 Then you probably pressed the one which toggles between tab and cursor mode (not sure what it looks like on PS4).
Message 16 of 33 (1,127 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, that is the big central "touch" button on PS4, and the cursor goes away once you've selected an icon.

Message 17 of 33 (1,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has anybody found a fix for it yet

Message 18 of 33 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't exactly know how to fix it but theres a way to get around it that I use, find a mirror and select Change Sim to change aspirations. Let's hope the bug gets fixed though 

Message 19 of 33 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same. Can't change aspiration on xbox, can't change children's aspirations either even when completed. This has only been happening since the recent update.

Message 20 of 33 (1,019 Views)