[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] Can't change aspiration

by Immachevygirl

Original Post

Re: [XB1/PS4] Can't change aspiration

★ Pro

Which input methods do you use? No issues here with controller alone (on XB1 v1.17)

Message 21 of 33 (1,285 Views)

Re: [PS4] Cannot change to a new aspiration once previous one has been completed

★★ Novice

Is there a way without cheats? Seems ridiculous that we need to cheat in order to change something that was 'given' to us when the game came out...

Message 22 of 33 (1,270 Views)

Re: [PS4] Cannot change to a new aspiration once previous one has been completed

★★ Guide

On XB1, it seems to get stuck in the subcategories.

When I first enter the aspirationwindow from livemode I can switch through the the main tabs at the top just fine, using RB/LB, but once I go down to the subcategories I can not get back up again/change tabs with RB/LB.

Message 23 of 33 (1,157 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [XB1/PS4] Can't change aspiration

Hero (Retired)

This seems to be fixed in 1.20. I can navigate all the aspiration sections and use my buttons to swap aspiration categories.

Message 24 of 33 (1,126 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [XB1/PS4] Can't change aspiration

Hero

@PoptartJuniper Thanks for checking

Tagging @Immachevygirl @ra7orrat @Elegancy1 To see if it's fixed for them as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 33 (1,117 Views)

Unable to use cellphone properly or change aspiration

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.2300 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university and seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying to use the options available on the cell phone or change your aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? You are unable to Move to any of the other options on the cell phone and to change your aspirations it won’t allow me to click to the next screen for example I’m not able to take a vacation day or edit anything in my household through my phone
What do you expect to see? I expected to move to the next screen available so that I can take a day off from work or split for my household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I recently downloaded discover university

Please help

Message 26 of 33 (1,103 Views)

Re: Unable to use cellphone properly or change aspiration

Hero
@NishiaSassy Merged this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 33 (1,084 Views)

Hero
I believe this was fixed.

If anyone still has this, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 33 (6,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had PS4 base game with Holiday and Grimm’s Guitar. Tonight I downloaded and installed the Get to Work and Get Together Bundles which included the two expansions above, along with: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Dine Out, and Romantic Garden Stuff. 
This bug began immediately when resuming a previously saved game. 
Aspirations can be changed, but only within the same category. L1 and R1 won’t switch categories. 
It is the same problem with the phone. The phone opens in the social menu, but R1 will no longer switch to travel, work, household menu, etc. 

EDIT

Game was latest update, but an uninstall/reinstall fixed it. 
Still having problems with the relationship menu only displaying first two lines and last line. This was a problem before the phone & aspiration bug/before downloading the expansions.  

I only mention it here in case it’s related. 

Message 29 of 33 (880 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@131_Lords A couple new issues exist with controls, this particular one was fixed so we are looking at something new. Please read through the following and let me know which one matches what you are currently seeing so we can move your report to the correct thread. If none of these match, please open a new report with what you are seeing.

"Editing restaurant/vet outfits breaks it UI/Controls" 

"Gallery Menu Distortion" 

"Can’t rotate sim in create a sim"

Message 30 of 33 (839 Views)