Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [XB1/PS4] Can't change aspiration

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.16.19.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, vintage glamour stuff, perfect patio stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know whether it matters if the aspiration is completed or not. However no matter what button I hit it won't go to another.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can look at the different aspirations in the tab of one. However I cannot change the tab. Like from a culinary aspiration to a mental one.
What do you expect to see? I just hope for an answer, or if it's a literal bug that needs to be fixed that it gets fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I try to change my finished aspiration and it will not let me change the tabs at the top. I don't know if its because the new update or not. I could do it before it was updated. 

Message 4 of 33 (8,646 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to use cellphone properly or change aspiration

Hero
I believe this was fixed.

If anyone still has this, let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 28 of 33 (6,044 Views)

All Replies

[PS4] Cannot change to a new aspiration once previous one has been completed

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Original and Christmas
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? I've completed the final task on the lifetime earnings aspiration, I got the reward and a tick next to the have 50,000 and 200,000 total earnings but when I selected change aspiration on the notice board it wouldn't let me select a new aspiration.
What do you expect to see? The aspiration board won't allow me to change to a new aspiration. I have ticks next to the final challenge and have received the rewards but cannot change
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've ckmpleted

Message 1 of 33 (10,212 Views)

Re: Cannot change to a new aspiration once previous one has been completed

★ Apprentice

Hello!

Have you tried changing the aspiration from the CAS? You can click on the present aspiration, and it will allow you to change it without cas.fulleditmode or cheats. 

Message 2 of 33 (10,501 Views)

Re: Cannot change to a new aspiration once previous one has been completed

★★ Novice
You're a star, I didn't even think to do it in CAS
Message 3 of 33 (10,166 Views)

Re: [XB1] Can't change aspiration

★★★★★ Guide

@Immachevygirl 

You might try repairing your game and doing some troubleshooting/file cleaning. 

Just so you know, you should be able to change to any aspiration at any time - completed or not.

Message 5 of 33 (8,567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I know I'm supposed to be able to. Also, how to I do the file thing, I'm not sure how to on xbox. :/.

Message 6 of 33 (8,562 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

If you made the sim from the new story in cas then you can't change your aspiration. It was one of the new features in the last patch.

Message 7 of 33 (8,556 Views)

EA Sims Team

HI there!

@Immachevygirl Could you provide a video of the issue you are having with the Aspirations? This will help us investigate what is going on here.

Here is a link on how to send a video: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

@Burt4440  CAS Stories is not part of the July patch update for Consoles only PC got that feature in their update, so that cant be the reason but you are correct about the functionality. Consoles will be getting that feature in a future update.

Message 8 of 33 (8,547 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruJoystick The same thing happens on PS4. You can use the bumper/buttons to scroll side to side on the aspiration panel but as soon as you scroll down into the aspiration list and over to the milestones, then you can no longer use the button/bumper to change aspiration categories. When I back out of the aspiration panel and go back in it will work but only until you try to select an aspiration. Here's A Video.

Message 9 of 33 (8,514 Views)

Re: [XB1/PS4] Can't change aspiration

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem on Xbox One. I just installed the update and loaded up my game.

It wont't let me change the category of my aspiration, I can choose any other one in the nature category that I'm currently in but I can't change the tab.

I'm using the same character I have or a while and played it last week and it was working properly then.
Message 10 of 33 (8,433 Views)