Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [XB/PS] [SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy

by QuarantinedUser

Original Post

Re: [XB1][SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy

★★★★ Apprentice

Im also currently having this issue. Both my sims are level 9 and level 7, I also don't have any of the unlocked in build and buy mode available. I just want to snowboard and I cant! I've tried everything to fix this and its not working. It also started once the last update occurred. 

Message 11 of 97 (3,479 Views)

Re: [XB1][SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy

★★★★ Apprentice

Oh forgot, on Ps4 system. 

Message 12 of 97 (3,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, this is happening to me on my Xbox One ever since the update. I’ve tried everything and I’ve even tried contacting the Sims on Twitter, no response. I really hope they fix it soon and not ignore us console people. If not, this pack is pointless to me. Yeah I can rock climb and go hiking, but I want my sims to be able to snowboard too since that is what the pack is suppose to let you do. 

Message 13 of 97 (3,462 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Same! I play on PS4 and once my sims hit level 3 skiing and snowboarding they can't use any of the slopes besides easy. It's really annoying because 2 of my sims maxed out both skiing and snowboarding and still can't move past the easy slopes. It's really bumming me out especially since I just got into the winter sports.

Message 14 of 97 (3,436 Views)

Snowy Escape - Can Only Go Down Easy Slopes

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.36.105.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm having an issue to where my Sim will only go on the easy slopes, even though we are high enough levels for the intermediate and hard slopes. Currently at level 6. It will not give me the option to ski or snowboard on the intermediate or hard slopes.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to ski or snowboard on the intermediate and hard slopes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm having an issue to where my Sim will only go on the easy slopes, even though we are high enough levels for the intermediate and hard slopes. Currently at level 6. It will not give me the option to ski or snowboard on the intermediate or hard slopes.

Message 15 of 97 (3,420 Views)

Re: Snowy Escape - Can Only Go Down Easy Slopes

Hero (Retired)
@srs1777 I've merged your post into the bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.
Message 16 of 97 (3,412 Views)

Re: Snowy Escape - Can Only Go Down Easy Slopes

★★ Apprentice

I just noticed the same issue, I'm on ps4. I just played with my Sim who's on snowboarding level 7, I hadn't played with him in a bit. I only see the snowboarding option on the easy slope, it's not available at all on the others.

Message 17 of 97 (3,358 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB/PS] [SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy

★★★★ Apprentice

Still having this issue. Has anyone got any idea on fixes? I've tried switching households, cheating the skill, buying new snowboards (but still don't have the unlocked ones). I do not have a familiar, I am not a vampire or spellcaster, my rock-climbing gear is not on, and that mini drone camera thing is not out or active. 

I just started a new game, I do NOT want to have to start another. 

Any plans for/or solutions yet?

Message 18 of 97 (3,327 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB/PS] [SE] Slopes not unlocking beyond easy

Hero (Retired)
@wesnic87 It's a bug. You have to wait for it to be patched.
Message 19 of 97 (3,321 Views)

Can’t snowboard or ski

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Gp03: 1.assets.live-gp03.198
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, eco lifestyle, discover university, get famous, seasons, cats & dogs, city living, get together, get to work. Realm of magic, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat. Tiny living and moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to snowboard or ski on any slope higher than easy.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to go snowboarding when selecting my snowboard is grayed out. I only have the option to change to regular stance when selecting the other slopes.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to snowboard or ski.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

At level 8 in snowboarding and all of a sudden I can only snowboard on the easy slope of the bunny slope. I can’t snowboard or ski on any of the harder slopes anymore. Even when I go to inventory to select my snowboard, “go snowboarding” is greeted out, saying that there are not any mountains around while I’m standing at the top of the mountain. 

Message 20 of 97 (3,287 Views)