[FIXED] [XB/PS] Can't raise or Lower walls/Toggle floor (D-Pad Patch)

by Pagankm18

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [XB/PS] Can't raise or Lower walls/Toggle floor (D-Pad Patch)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, laundry day, parenthood, tiny living, discover university, pets, city living, island living, spa day, eco lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot raise/lower floor levels in live and build mode. Neither can I drop walls. I have tried creating a new save, but the same issue occurs.
What do you expect to see? To be able to use the D pad to raise/lower floors and dropping walls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 23rd March 2021 patch which included bunk beds.

All is covered in the above.

Edit By PoptartJuniper: Adjusted Title, added Tag for Search Purposes.

Edit By Crinrict: Added changing floor issue to title

Message 1 of 372 (45,941 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Walls(build mode)

Hero

• For Simmers on PlayStation and Xbox running into an issue with dropping walls and moving between floors with the D-Pad, we have good news! We have implemented a fix which should restore your D-Pad functionality. 

Fixed in Patch 1.87.40/1.58

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 372 of 372 (6,278 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't raise or lower floors and walls (PS4)

Hero (Retired)
@Pagankm18 This does occur very rarely. Can you try going to manage worlds, and load a different family to play. Then go back to your original lot and see if the lot is corrected.
Message 2 of 372 (45,877 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I tried a few possible work arounds which didn't work, those being: 

- Saving the house & household to my gallery, deleting the lot and re-adding. 

- Loading a different family in another neighbourhood (the error even happened here). On returning to my family the issue was still present.

- Loading a different family in the same neighbourhood (the error still happened here). On returning to my family the issue was still present.

- Creating a new save file adding the household and lot build from my gallery. The issue still continued. 

Message 3 of 372 (45,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Pagankm18 Can you please try uninstalling your game and all packs and reinstalling. Edit: The poster indicated this issue was resolved by deleting the User Data. Reboot your system afterwards.

1. Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.
2. Select a game or application.
3. Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.
4. Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

Message 4 of 372 (45,871 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Went through the data one by one. For some reason deleting the user agreement worked
Message 5 of 372 (45,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did the below advice solve the issue? Same is happening to me after the latest update

Message 6 of 372 (45,841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If the same is happening to you on PS4 then I found that deleting the data related to the user agreement worked. 

When you reboot you will have to reaccept, but for me it seems to have reset to normal. 

Message 7 of 372 (45,837 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@lucy3963 Did deleting the userdata work for you also?
Message 8 of 372 (45,826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes this has fixed it, thankyou

Message 9 of 372 (45,813 Views)

Re: [PS4] Can't Raise or Lower Walls Patch 1.39

★ Guide
Hello, I’m a PS4 player & had been following this thread since yesterday - if I’m reading correctly, are we able delete the user data within storage in system settings without any negative consequences? I’ve always wondered but never deleted it since I thought that it might corrupt my save data or something, & I didn’t want to take that risk. But it’s one of those files that automatically restores itself upon reloading the game? What all is associated with it? My apologies if I’m asking too many questions within the wrong thread, haha.
Message 10 of 372 (43,578 Views)