[FIXED] Wrong Creators name in the gallery

by ItsMadameChaos

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Wrong Creators name in the gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello there!

I have some problems when saving houses to the gallery. When I asked in our forum it turned out that I am not the only one

who experienced this and it seems there are some more people in the gallery with the same issue.  I also posted this

to the official Sims forum but got no answer until yet.

I had some houses in my neighbourhood that were build by members of our forum to test them. Later I wanted to

build an own house, bulldozed one of the lots, started building a house, didn't like it, started another one and saved this

into my gallery when I finished it. Then I wanted to place it in another neighbourhood to be sure it will stay as I built it,

opened the gallery and noticed, that it said "Change by: you" and "Original by: XXX" where XXX is the name of the forum member

whose house I had on this lot before. I placed the house on another lot and tried to save it again, but it still says,

that I didn't build this house but just changed it although this is wrong.

So if I would upload this house to the gallery it would look like I took someone elses house, changed it and uploaded it again,

claiming that it is my creation. How is this possible and can it be fixed somehow?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Message 1 of 157 (8,638 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrong Creators name in the gallery

Hero (Retired)

@ticoh99 I'm sorry you're experiencing the bug.  The only workaround that we have at the current time is to save each room of your build and then re-place them on a freshly bulldozed and saved lot (verify that it has no original in your library *before* building on it).  One preventative measure to prevent encountering the problem in the future is to: 1) Bulldoze the lot you want to build on, 2) Save it to your Library, 3) Verify that the Original By is blank, 4) Place the lot from your library onto the lot in the game world and then proceed with your build.

View in thread

Message 110 of 157 (6,480 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@ItsMadameChaos Do you know when this issue first started ? Does it also happen with EA houses or if you download something else from the gallery in a new save game ?

Any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 157 (8,549 Views)

★ Guide

This has happened to me in the past, except instead of "Changed by: you, Originally created by: Bob", mine actually read "Changed by: you, Originally created by: you", as I built over one of my own old saved lots. Bulldozing the lot then placing the newly built one on the land fixed that issue. I advise you to bulldoze (instead of manually deleting things) everytime you're about to build something on a piece of land that once held another person's creation, to avoid the "changed" tag.

Message 3 of 157 (8,544 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If you don't bulldoze the lot before starting to build, the "Original By" will be retained on the lot, and this is expected (and desired) behavior.  If you want to eliminate the Original By, you must bulldoze the lot and create your own structure from scratch.  The only bug would be if you bulldozed the lot and the game still didn't eliminate the Original By.  If that latter case is what's happened to you, can you reproduce the behavior?  If so, please tell us the exact steps you took.

Message 4 of 157 (8,540 Views)

Hero

@ItsMadameChaos writes that they did bulldoze the lot first @BryonyRae

Can we get some clarification on that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 157 (8,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Yes, but it wasn't clear because he said that he bulldozed, started a build, but then didn't like it and started another one.  I'm not sure if that meant that he bulldozed again or that he started with another of the lots that had already been built by someone else (and didn't bulldoze)...  And I could also see how someone might be confused - they go in, bulldoze a lot and think, 'okay, clean slate,' not realizing that when they then place a build on the lot from their library, it's no longer a clean slate.

Message 6 of 157 (8,524 Views)

Hero

Hopefully @ItsMadameChaos can give us some clarification on that :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 157 (8,517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, I bulldozed the lot where I first had a house that was built by a team member and started building another one.

I saved my game and a few days later decided to bulldoze the house I started with, as well and start over with another one.

So I bulldozed that lot twice and did not just break down walls or something. When I noticed that it says "Original by: Kosmopolit,

Changed by: you", I placed the house out of the gallery on another, empty lot and saved it again. But it still says "Original by....,

Changed by...". 

The only mods I had at that time were some where you don't need enemies and/or friends for your careers and a handful of CC

I did myself with Sims4Studio. There was no CC used in these houses.

Message 8 of 157 (8,510 Views)

Hero

Just one more question before I add this: Did you notice this from start or is this something that started with a certain patch 

@ItsMadameChaos ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 157 (8,505 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 157 (8,493 Views)