Re: Random original creator tagged on my lot uploaded to the gallery.

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: No credit given

@Happysimmer999 merged your topic with an existing one, please have a look at the solution and see if that will work for you.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 131 of 157 (940 Views)

Re: No credit given

Hero (Retired)

@Happysimmer999 The only workaround that we have at the moment is to save your build, room by room, to your library, and then re-assemble it on a freshly bulldozed lot.  Before you begin rebuilding on the new lot, follow these steps: 1) Bulldoze the lot, 2) Save the empty lot to your library, 3) Check it in your library and verify that the original by on it is blank, 4) place it from your library back onto the lot in your world, 5) proceed with your build.  These steps can help to prevent the bug from occurring.

Message 132 of 157 (934 Views)

Re: Uploaded my park to the gallery, now it says 'Original by (someone else)'?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue. I uploaded a park I built to the gallery & I bulldozed prior to building on a lot just to be safe. I also don't think I ever had anything else on this lot to begin with - maybe there was one saved in my library but not placed on the lot in game. I can't find it though so I don't think so.

I even had changed a residential lot to a community one. It shows up as someone else. I don't know why it's showing up as this person not me because I never had something there by them to begin with?

I tried the workaround but it didn't work. I might have misunderstood it though.

Basically, shows up as someone else but I bulldozed the lot & so I don't know how else to fix?

Message 133 of 157 (916 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do you think EA will fix this?

I'm experiencing this on a community lot, so I can't really go room by room. 

It's really frustrating cause I worked super hard on a park, lot had nothing on it/bulldozed anyway, and it's still happening when I didn't know this was a bug. I don't like it showing up as someone else at all Frown

A little stressful since I don't know how to remove it & reupload it without losing the lot but still getting rid of the 'originally by' status. 

And it seemed to happen randomly too. Was fine then just randomly credited someone else.

Message 134 of 157 (914 Views)

Hero

This is supposed to be fixed in patch 1.16.61

I'm taking feedback before I'm marking as solved

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 135 of 157 (896 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Is that the patch out today? Or a previous patch?

(Haven't tried today yet w/newest patch am later after work but if that's an older patch it wasn't resolved yet for me as this just happened in Newcrest to me on Saturday so wanted to clarify)
Message 136 of 157 (889 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict I'm curious if you have heard from anyone of if this fixes lots already affected by that bug. Meaning, the lot I spent HOURS on, and was claimed as another creators work. Is there anything to detect that it wasn't made by that creator? Or are lots that already suffered from this bug a lost cause?

Thank you!

Message 137 of 157 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just an update, I loaded up my game and my original lot I built is still listed as the wrong user. So it seems that if the lot was already affected by the bug there is no helping it... grrrr

Message 138 of 157 (877 Views)

Hero

Yes, they can't fixed this for lots affected. 

Try the method described in the solution post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 139 of 157 (866 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Is there a way to fix this without saving room by room? Mine is a park so there are no rooms, and I want it to show as myself and not the random person but I don't know how told try and re-upload it.
Message 140 of 157 (849 Views)