Re: Wrong Creators name in the gallery

by afiery1

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@ju1ka Yeah, if you get the original by Maxis glitch, you're okay, because it doesn't ever upload to the Gallery that way.Standard smile  Sorry it happened, but better that than a fellow creator's name!

Message 61 of 157 (1,097 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem.  I built a house after bulldozing the lot, and after all my hard work, when I saved the lot, it said the original was by someone else.  I do have houses in my game that belong to that creator, but nothing in the house I built has come from anything the other creator made.  I've tried bull-dozing the lot and replacing it with my new saved one, but nothing I've tried has helped.  I do not want to upload this lot to the gallery when it says the original was created by someone else.  But I worked so hard, and it's ones of the nicest houses that I've built, that I hate to just throw it away.  

Message 62 of 157 (1,081 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For anyone else with this problem, @Rosemow suggested saving each room to your library and then rebuilding  (after making a new Save).  Worked well for me.

Message 63 of 157 (1,063 Views)

Hero (Retired)

We now know of a workaround for this issue (that doesn't involve rooms).  However, as it can be abused, I will not be disclosing it in the thread.  If you are experiencing the bug and need help, please private message me.

Message 64 of 157 (1,051 Views)

My build, Another Player gets credit

★★ Apprentice

Any empty lot. Download another players build from community onto the lot. Bulldoze the lot. Build from scratch on that lot. When uploaded to community share, lot shows in information Original by: xyz - someone else's game name. I built the lot from the ground up, completely different but another person is getting credit as if I built on or changed their original build when I did not. This has happened numerous times and it's starting to tick me off. Please help/address/fix this.

Message 65 of 157 (1,019 Views)

Re: My build, Another Player gets credit

Hero

Hi @anneemchughes

Merged your thread. There's some suggestions in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 157 (1,010 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The sane thing happened to me as happened to Sims4Sarah -- I had a house I downloaded from the Galery on a lot in Newcrest, bulldozed it and replaced it with a park (actually a group picnic spot for Get Together). When I went to check the online Gallery, it's got a different creator's name but it's still listed in my directory (under my EA ID). 

Message 67 of 157 (983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem, BUT ! I haven't downloaded ANYTHING from the gallery, I started building in Newcrest on an EMPTY lot and when I saved my house, everything was ok. However, recently I've found out that my house says "original by RLD!" and RLD! isn't even a person as I was informed by the support. So how did this all happen?? 

Also, again. I was asked on the forum if I maybe downloaded a room, a Sim.. The answer is  No. I haven't downloaded anything.

I have a separate game where I only have 1 Sim that I created myself and in this save game I only do my builds. I have downloaded other things from a gallery, but never used them in my building mode. 

Message 68 of 157 (956 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @BryonyRae - I'd love to know the workaround for this, as I just spent 20 hours on a fabulous house that I build from scratched after bulldozing a house I never used from the gallery. For some reason the system won't let me PM you, though. Any chance you could PM me and let me know?

Message 69 of 157 (932 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have PMed you @dunhamma

Message 70 of 157 (924 Views)