by LostOne20

Original Post

Re: Write A Genre Book Broken

★★★★★ Newbie
@ozjedah Worked for me 2, thank you!
Message 31 of 121 (336 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Writing on computer not working properly

★★★★ Newbie

I only have the base game, and with yesterday's update, none of my sims can write.  I tried using all computers in the home, writing options, nothing works.  I tried buying a new computer and it worked the first time they started writing again, but the next time I wanted them to continue, I'm back to not being able write anything anymore.  My sim's a writer!! I suppose I'll have to change careers until this bug is fixed. Frustrating!! 

Message 32 of 121 (327 Views)

Re: Write a genre book BUG

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I've had my familiar summoned and not summoned, with the fix, and haven't had a problem yet.
Message 33 of 121 (313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I tested this with my spellcaster (vanilla game with all packs except DU) and had no problem to write or resume a book, on deskop PCs or laptops, on public and private lots. The only thing that prevents my Sim from writing is having a familiar summoned. In this case, the queue symbol is not the computer (as it should), but a book and the Sims keeps standing next to the PC. As soon as you free the familiar, the spellcaster immidiately starts to write.

I went quickly through this and the other writing thread (can't resume books). I noticed that while Simmers who filed a report were playing with almost every pack available, one EP was always missing: Get to Work. May be pure coincidence though ...

(Mergerd two post) - Atic

Message 34 of 121 (305 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone! I also encounter this issue with my mermaid Sim and another "normal" Sim. Selling and rebuying a computer worked at first but does not work anymore. I tried deleting the 2 mods I had and nothing changed...

Message 35 of 121 (274 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Writing on computer not working properly

★★★★ Novice

I play 100% base game and since my sim is a writer I can guarantee this only started directly after the update and affects both him and his roommate. Sims are still able to practice writing, but I need to write finished books in order to do aspirations and advance in the career. other computer functions seem to be as normal.

Message 36 of 121 (260 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried this fix on my game file yesterday. It worked yesterday but the issue has come back today with the same sim on the new computer.  I can practice writing but I can't get my sim to write in any genre.

Message 37 of 121 (233 Views)

Hero
@ForgottenJess04 Did you get University or not ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 121 (223 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Nope, just the base game and that free holiday stuff pack you get on the front page. Thanks for responding!
Message 39 of 121 (211 Views)

Hero
@ForgottenJess04 Thanks. Just curious if it gets fixed by uni cause I have not been able to duplicate at all.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 121 (208 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help